Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Michigan Panthers, Spring 2015

Apparently, there's something called the A11FL http://www.a11fl.com/home.html and one of the teams will be the Michigan Panthers. Here's the team's blog page: http://a11flmagazine.blogspot.com/20...ke-spring.html

Reading the rules, it sounds ridiculous. Every player on offense eligible to receive the ball? I guess it's not football as we know it. Hell, I'd rather have arena league football return to the D.

Glad to see them re-use the Michigan Panther logo & colors.

I think the A11 rules might be fun

Quote Originally Posted by yaktown View Post
    Reading the rules, it sounds ridiculous. Every player on offense eligible to receive the ball? I guess it's not football as we know it. Hell, I'd rather have arena league football return to the D.
    I don't think you're understanding it correctly. Every play still has five restricted linemen. However, those restricted lineman are not determined by jersey number and position, but rather by position only.

So now you can interchange your offensive players. On one play a player may line up as a restricted lineman, and on the next play they may be an eligible receiver as long as they are not placed in a restricted spot during snaps.

I have a hard time fully understanding it because I'm a very casual football fan.

This document explains it better: http://www.a11fl.com/sitedocs/pdf/a1...e2014-7403.pdf

The A11FL makes ONE rule change to the game of football, allowing for all eleven offensive players on the field to wear eligible jersey numbers. This rule change creates a game where every athlete can be interchangeable within any formation depending on the strategy of each play. The offense still needs to have 7 men on the line of scrimmage and 5 of those 7 players will be considered “restricted linemen” if they are not aligned on the end of the line of scrimmage - the same formation eligibility requirement mandated at every level of football.

hopefully this league is hiring media folk.

Think they'll be smart enough not to switch to a fall schedule? And to stay away from Donald Trump? Nice to see a professional football team is coming here!