Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Free Fisher Theater Tickets for DetroitYES Members for "Heartbeat of Home"

Great news DetroitYES members.

In the spirit of St. Patty's day FREE tickets to the Irish-inspired "Heartbeat of Home" are being offered to established and new* members of DetroitYES for shows on Mar. 18, 19 and 20 at fabulous Fisher Theater in the Detroit's architectural gem, the Fisher Building.

As a gesture of appreciation for all your informative postings, a long-time friend and fan of DetroitYES at the Fisher Theater has generously donated these tickets to us. All you have do is tell us when, how many and enjoy.

About the show:

Created by the Producers and Director of Riverdance, Heartbeat of Home is a music and dance spectacular featuring the dynamic, vibrant components of traditional Irish, Latin and Afro-Cuban music and dance. The world-class cast of thirty-nine includes a ten-piece band creating a new and electrifying sound written by award-winning, Golden-Globe-nominated, composer Brian Byrne. The show employs high-definition, cutting-edge projection technology and has an engaging narrative structure. With world-class dancers from Ireland, USA, Australia, Britain, Canada, Italy, Mexico and Spain and choreography by David Bolger, the production creates a dreamworld of joyous, heart-stopping, high-energy music and dance.
    http://www.broadwayindetroit.com/engine.cfm?i=182#
    UPDATE: The Time allowed for requesting free tickets has expired. Enjoy the Show!

How to claim your tickets:

Please click here to use this DetroitYES contact form to make your request.

You will be asked to include these 4 items:
    1. DetroitYES forum name [As always we protect your anonymity! No need to reveal your real names to get the free tix.]
    2. Your email address [Just in case we need to contact you. Per our longtime policy your email address will not be given out to anybody, not even Fisher Theater]
    3. Your preferred date - chose from the following:
      • Tuesday March 18 - 730 PM
      • Wednesday March 19 - 730 PM
      • Thursday March 20 - 1 PM Matinee

4. Number of Tickets you want. Up to 4 per member may be requested!

Deadline for requesting:
    No later than Monday morning March 17 [Now Expired].

Picking up your Ticket[s]:
    Your tickets may be picked up at the Fisher Theater Box Office prior to show or earlier using your DetroitYES forum name. It is located to the left of the theater entrance inside the Fisher Building.

*Not a DetroitYES member? No problem. Click here [or click 'Join DetroitYES!' at the bottom of any page] to sign up now.

Notes:
    • Seating will be assigned by Fisher Theater staff but these are all great tickets and will be main floor, mezzanine or loge.
    • First come first served while supplies last. Notice will be placed on this thread if limit reached.

So shake off the winter blues, break your cabin fever, bring friends and join the fun and entertainment!

I can't go, but this is cool. Thanks, Lowell.

Like Mikey, I can't go, as I work an afternoon shift. Nice gesture, and I hope forum members use this opportunity. Nicely done, Lowell.

Hope Im able to get two for a date night. Thanks Lowell and Anonymous for the chance. I havent been to the Fisher since my folks took me to see Little Johnny Jones when I was about 10. Very cool for even a chance to go.

This isn't one of those deals where you show up and they get you for unpaid parking tickets, is it????

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    This isn't one of those deals where you show up and they get you for unpaid parking tickets, is it????
    Ha ha. I'm so outed! Just kidding. No sting just a generous gesture to see a great show for free in Detroit's premier architectural gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    ... just a generous gesture to see a great show for free in Detroit's premier architectural gem.
    The building... not the theatre... sadly...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    The building... not the theatre... sadly...
    Great news! I have got them to agree to turn lights off when the show begins so you won't have to look at the theatre interior.

Great news! I have got them to agree to turn lights when the show begins so you won't have to look at it.
    Hehehe.... or they can use the common shtick of the 1960s and say "look at all the expense we went to so you won't have to look at all that old stuff any more!"

After they shrunk it down by 1/3 in 1961 [[from 2,975 seats to 2,089), they were planning on a multi-million dollar resizing/remodeling a few years back... to 2,475 seats... but I guess that remodeling idea tanked... and now they use the Detroit Opera House [[maximum seating 2,765) for larger performances, now that Nederlander no longer does bookings at the Masonic.
    Last edited by Gistok; March-07-14 at 10:00 PM.

I'm planning on going, thanks Lowell!!

The nice thing about the Fisher Theatre is that during intermission you can go to the building lobby for a good helping of "opulence"... before going back to the auditorium to be inundated again with modern marble, brass and teak!!
    Last edited by Gistok; March-07-14 at 05:08 PM.

Put in for my tickets, thanks Lowell this is awesome!

Thanks Lowell, and thank your contact for us!

I just requested tickets for myself and two friends for the matinee. Thank you so much for this offer Lowell and special thanks to your friend who made this great production available to all of us. I don't post often, but I enjoy do this forum every day. Nice group of people - I hope to make it to the picnic this year.

Kelton

Big response so far. We will update you next week at the email address you provided with your request.

Sounds like a fine way to spend an afternoon! Two tickets, please, for the March 20 matinee.

Quote Originally Posted by ElmwodParkRez View Post
    Sounds like a fine way to spend an afternoon! Two tickets, please, for the March 20 matinee.
    Use this link, ElmwodParkRez
    http://www.detroityes.com/contact/freetix.php

Put in for my 4 tickets. Thanks so much Lowell!

Default Update

All who have requested ticket before 11 AM today have been sent an email that reads as follows:
    =========================================
    Greetings,

This is to let you know that the request you made has been received by Fisher Theater and is being processed.

From our friends at the Fisher Theater:

You can pick tickets starting tomorrow at NOON [[or at least one half hour before curtain) at the Fisher Theater Box Office, located to the left of the entrance in the Fisher Building Lobby.

We are OPEN weekdays at 10AM and Weekends at NOON.
    Use the name you used to make the request, your forum name.

For updates please follow the DetroitYES thread - Free Fisher Theater Tickets For DetroitYES Members For "Heartbeat Of Home"

Tickets are still available for those who may not have had a chance to make a request.
    ============================================

All who have requested ticket before 11 AM today have been sent an email that reads as follows:
    =========================================
    Greetings,

This is to let you know that the request you made has been received by Fisher Theater and is being processed.

From our friends at the Fisher Theater:

Use the name you used to make the request, your forum name.

For updates please follow the DetroitYES thread - Free Fisher Theater Tickets For DetroitYES Members For "Heartbeat Of Home"

Tickets are still available for those who may not have had a chance to make a request.
    ============================================

I applied for my tickets. It's a great gesture and much appreciated, Thanx Lowell, and Thanx Fisher Friend! [[I'm having my attorney stand by "just in case" )

Thank you for the wonderful gesture. Luckily I just have to walk across the street for a nice evening performance before heading home.

This is exciting! I am unemployed so this generous offer is very much appreciated. Will be bringing my daughter and a senior. Thank you Lowell and friend.

Thanks LB and folks at the Fisher Theater. Picking 'em up Thurs. AM.

Woo-hoo!! Ladies' Night out....with Mom and my two sisters!!! Looking forward to it. Thanks, Lowell, and those whose generosity we will be enjoying!!

Thanks guys. This is an awesome gesture. I wish I wasn't busy those days or I would have gone.

Dear all attendees, We have just sent a group email by BCC to all of you who have requested tickets up to 9 AM today to let you know your requests have been received and passed on to Fisher Theater for processing. This takes a little time.

The main point was to remind you to allow time [a couple of days to be on the safe side] if you are planning to visit the box office to pick up ticket. We would hate you have you make the trip and not have them ready.

Tickets may be obtained up to a half hour before curtain time.

If you didn't get the above email check your junk or spam email to make sure it didn't end up there as it will have 'From Lowell of DetroitYES' as both To: and From: address.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast