Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Paul Ryan proves himself wrong

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...overty-report/

his reports show that the very programs he built his entire political career by bashing are...effective

The first and third listed which have to do with taxation and veterans benefits are the only spending programs listed that have anything to do with powers delegated to the federal government. The rest could be state run of course. Sure, if you dump enough money on something some good might come out of it but I don't see any evidence in the article that either the federal government should do most of these things, that they are all cost effective, that a state couldn't do them more cost effectively, or that the money the government spent and borrowed to pay for all these programs couldn't be better spent elsewhere or even left in our children's pockets. On the other hand, Ryan is not the cost cutter he pretends to be. Maybe he is just campaigning to be president.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Maybe he is just campaigning to be president.
    Boy, I hope you're wrong about that one Oladub. Of course, then there's Walker. The frakmaster. I actually have no idea where the next election is heading. I see no daylight, no progress, nothing.