Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default RIP Bob Cosgrove, Indian Village Historian and DYes Forumer

RIP Bob Cosgrove, longtime Indian Village historian and onetime DYes Forumer

Here's to you, Bob!! We enjoyed your insights on Indian Village history and other Detroit topics!

http://www.querfeldfuneralhome.com/f...74&fh_id=10780

Not happy news. Bob had posted often on railroad related subjects, and he knew of what he wrote. RIP.

Bob was also involved in producing the Detroit Historical Museum's booklet on Milwaukee Junction and its automotive heritage.

I read this today and was very bummed-out that Bob had passed. I knew that he was sick for a while and that his health was declining, but I was still very sad to hear of his passing. I was working on returning some of the railroad stuff that he had stored at Fort Wayne's Indian Museum to him so I will have to find out how to get it to it's rightful owners at his memorial service at the DHM later in the month. Bob was always a kind-hearted soul to my wife and I. I, for one, will miss him greatly. Detroit has once again lost a great booster and a master historian. RIP Bob and condolences to his wife.

RIP, Mr. Cosgrove

Beautiful obit. RIP.

RIP Mr. Cosgrove

Very sad news.

Condolences to the family and friends.

Very saddened to read this, I met Bob when I worked at the Carail Museum on Grand River/Fenkell, Bob was a frequent visitor and occasional volunteer, helping us restore several original Lionel-produced demonstrator layouts. A true Detroit guy through and through.

I'm so very sorry to hear this news. Bob was so important to Indian Village, and was very much the keeper of that unique little neighborhood's history. It seemed that everyone in the Village knew Mr. Cosgrove, and had been touched by his generous sharing of his deep well of knowledge. He cared deeply about the history of our city and our area, and dedicated so much of his time and passion to the recording and preservation of it, particularly our local rail history. His loss is mourned by many and he will be very much missed.

Thanks for posting this. Growing up I had a Mr. Cosgrove as a teacher at Cody for Driver's Ed around 1983 and was wondering if this could be him. I saw the obit yesterday and was wondering if this was the same person. The obit posted is much longer than the one in the paper yesterday.

I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but many times heard about him from others. I learned from the obituary that he was active in Republican politics. He sounds like the kind of republican even a died-in-the-wool bleeding heart liberal could like. Rest in peace.

Rest in peace. Mr. C

anybody know about the planned memorial service at the DHM for Mr. Cosgrove?

According to this obituary it will be held on May 3 at 11 AM.

Bob Cosgrove was generous with his archive and knowledge. Cheers to a great citizen who cared a great deal about Detroit and its history.

RIP Bob. Your spirit and generosity I remember most while serving in the Fort Wayne Guard back in 1987-88 will not be forgotten. Huzzah!- c/o Phil, Troy, Lamont, Natalie, Kevin, Ann, Joanna and the rest of us!

I remember Bob telling his story as an Indian Village resident during the '67 riots. If I remember correctly, he and his wife put the kids to bed upstairs at night and he and his wife rested on the floor in the living room in their house with the lights turned off and listened to gun shots all night hoping it would stop.

RIP Bob. Thank you from all you touched.

Rip Bob. Enjoyed your info.

I didn't know him, but from what everyone has to say here he must have been one heck of a guy. He left Earth with a legacy and a difference made. I wish his family well.

I'm sad to hear this news. Bob is featured my documentary The Great Detroit.

R.I.P. Bob.

A great life lived; huzzah and RIP, Bob!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast