Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Our buddy Matty submits a bid for Southwestern High School building

Is this just so he can mess with the new bridge? Or is he now resigned to the fact and trying to position some operations there?

http://www.freep.com/article/2014022...public-schools

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    http://www.freep.com/article/2014022...public-schools

Is this just so he can mess with the new bridge? Or is he now resigned to the fact and trying to position some operations there?
    What do you think?

GUSHI Guest

He is a very smart business man.

The region, including Canada, would do well without this kind of businessman. All he does is dither and distract from progress and what's good for the citizens of the city. A slumlord that does nothing but help himself is good for no one.

GUSHI Guest

Illitch is also a slum lord, would we be better with out him?

I don't trust the Maroun operations. I just don't.

Quote Originally Posted by astongraham View Post
    The region, including Canada, would do well without this kind of businessman. All he does is dither and distract from progress and what's good for the citizens of the city. A slumlord that does nothing but help himself is good for no one.
    Don't think he's loved in Windsor either. I saw something awhile back where one of Manny's sons, Matthew has donated enough money to be a part of the University of Windsor's board of governors. And I wish I could find it but there was an article/ pictorial that showed the Maroun owned dump houses & properties in Windsor [[there are many).

Too his credit, Manny is a slum lord on BOTH sides of the border.

AHA! Found it!

I wish I had the plywood concession over in Windsor so I could sell to Manny's properties. Seriously look at how many of these properties are boarded up.

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/12...un-in-windsor/

If he was really "our buddy" his new bridge would be going up right now. He pretty much FUBARed the making friends on both sides of the river trying to pretend he cares with only buying commercials that are packed full of lies. Give something back to the community when your knocking down piles of cash. Duhh... No one wants blight Matty so you are actually kinda like dog shit, but you did it to yourself, your rich, your legacy you didn't care about, there are only history books that last forever obviously your good with it, a Henry ford you are not

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    AHA! Found it!

I wish I had the plywood concession over in Windsor so I could sell to Manny's properties. Seriously look at how many of these properties are boarded up.

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/12...un-in-windsor/
    Good grief. Is there that much blight in Windsor now, or does Manny just own all blight there?

Quote Originally Posted by astongraham View Post
    I'm in 100% agreement with you.

Matty is vile scum and his only interest is to further his financial gain while doing nothing for the community. He doesn't care what neighborhoods he ruins, what properties go neglected, or what progress he holds up.

I haven't been in love with Ilitch much either, but Matty makes Ilitch look like a saint.

"Why is the Obama administration blocking the Detroit River bridge?"
    by Michael Barone
    3/31/2014
    Why isn't the Obama administration willing to finance the customs plaza for the new international bridge over the Detroit River between Detroit and Windsor, Ontario? That's a question raised by this article in the Wall Street Journal.

As the Journal notes, the government of Canada has agreed to pay, as part of a public-private partnership, about $3.65 billion for building the bridge, including a $550 million link with Interstate 75 in Detroit. The new bridge would provide an alternative for the privately owned Ambassador Bridge, which was opened in 1929. Yet the Obama administration isn't ponying up $250 million to build a customs plaza.......

Why is the Obama administration withholding the $250 million for the customs plaza? One possible reason: to propitiate Matty Maroun.......

Why would the Obama Administration pay for the proposed Customs bridge? They already paid a half-billion for upgrades to the Ambassador and Blue Water customs.

I guess Canada will have to pay for it if they want another bridge, but I would be furious if federal dollars were basically going to Canada to undermine the existing Michigan bridges. We're paying for the Blue Water twinned span for the next 30 years. Build this bridge and we'll be paying it off forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Why would the Obama Administration pay for the proposed Customs bridge? They already paid a half-billion for upgrades to the Ambassador and Blue Water customs.

I guess Canada will have to pay for it if they want another bridge, but I would be furious if federal dollars were basically going to Canada to undermine the existing Michigan bridges. We're paying for the Blue Water twinned span for the next 30 years. Build this bridge and we'll be paying it off forever.
    You did read the part that the Ambassador Bridge account for 1/4 of the trade between US and Canada? If it was such a loosing proposition, why would Matty Maroun spend over 30 mil in ad money trying to stop it? Because he's so civic minded and wants to spare us the expense?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    Mikeg: Without going into the merits or demerits of Maroun or Obama, the building of any kind of structure over a certain dollar amount using federal funds must be passed by Congress as a specific line item in the federal budget. Neither Obama nor the ICS can just take the funds out of their "stash".