Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Cushingberry is slapped with yet another lawsuit

So Cushingberry can't seem to stay out the news and away from lawsuits. I think I may file a lawsuit just because it may be the trendy thing to do.
    When is Detroit gonna say enough is enough and throw this guy to the curb where he belongs? Thousands owed on parking tickets, trashing homes and refusing to pay the mortgages in the city he represents. He seem to me to be the worse of the worst that this city has to offer, yet he was voted in to represent this city during transition.

Your thoughts...

http://m.clickondetroit.com/news/geo...z/-/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by astongraham View Post

So Cushingberry can't seem to stay out the news and away from lawsuits. I think I may file a lawsuit just because it may be the trendy thing to do.
    When is Detroit gonna say enough is enough and throw this guy to the curb where he belongs? Thousands owed on parking tickets, trashing homes and refusing to pay the mortgages in the city he represents. He seem to me to be the worse of the worst that this city has to offer, yet he was voted in to represent this city during transition. Anyone that says he is being slandered can shove it up their...

Also, why does he look like a smelly, sweaty slimball?

Your thoughts...
    I'm going with Duggan on this one. I don't want to shake his hand either....

Because he is one.

When is Detroit gonna say enough is enough and throw this guy to the curb where he belongs? Thousands owed on parking tickets, trashing homes and refusing to pay the mortgages in the city he represents. He seem to me to be the worse of the worst that this city has to offer, yet he was voted in to represent this city during transition. Anyone that says he is being slandered can shove it up their...

Your thoughts...
    Filing a lawsuit would cost you money,maybe a set location where the people would sign the paper encouraging him to step down,you guys did what it took to get proper representation in place now it is maybe time to finish the job in the cities best interest.

You do deserve better and he is becoming a negative distraction.

cushingberry has become my new adjective for anyone unsavory.

Ill use it in a sentence. I feel like im surrounded by cushingberrys sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    cushingberry has become my new adjective for anyone unsavory.

Ill use it in a sentence. I feel like im surrounded by cushingberrys sometimes
    My dog relieved itself and came back with some cushingberries in its hind fur.

If he was my representative on council I'd be collecting signatures to remove him.

sadly,we went to college, WSU, with him. Back in the day he was sharp. I guess political office corrupted him.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    If he was my representative on council I'd be collecting signatures to remove him.

sadly,we went to college, WSU, with him. Back in the day he was sharp. I guess political office corrupted him.
    He is district 2 but also council president pro term,or next in line and in a position to effect every district.

Everybody else on the council seems to be of higher standred and getting down to work to make the city as a whole a better place to live and work.He was supposed to be a role model to the others,but if you believe that his personal situation is overpowering his duty to the city and acting in a professional manner while doing so,is not in the best interest of the city,then you have the right to voice your concerns.

You cannot pick and choose when it comes to setting the bar to a higher level.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I'm going with Duggan on this one. I don't want to shake his hand either....
    I noticed that.

Push 4 kush

so will the non-handshake become the next political controversy for Duggan?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    so will the non-handshake become the next political controversy for Duggan?
    Watch the first few frames of the speech. Duggan hugs Cushionberry right after he walks up to the podium.

I was working on the South End in the 70's and saw him down there too. Always thought he was a bit shady even then.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post

I was attending Wayne State too when Cush first ran for office. He was portrayed as the new, young, fresh black face from a new generation to represent the people's needs per the South End. It looks like his pursuit of remedies to the people's needs have narrowed significantly since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Watch the first few frames of the speech. Duggan hugs Cushionberry right after he walks up to the podium.
    I noticed that, too.
    The reason Duggan passes on the handshake is because, like HT said, he hugged Cushingberry first.
    Now, I don't doubt that Duggan is less than thrilled with the negative attention one member of this new council is attracting, but I think there's a lot of conjecture at work here.
    I guess it's true:
    You see what you want to see.
    And you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by KOMPOST View Post
    I noticed that, too.
    The reason Duggan passes on the handshake is because, like HT said, he hugged Cushingberry first.
    Now, I don't doubt that Duggan is less than thrilled with the negative attention one member of this new council is attracting, but I think there's a lot of conjecture at work here.
    I guess it's true:
    You see what you want to see.
    And you hear what you want to hear.
    "Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....."

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    I was attending Wayne State too when Cush first ran for office. He was portrayed as the new, young, fresh black face from a new generation to represent the people's needs per the South End. It looks like his pursuit of remedies to the people's needs have narrowed significantly since then.
    I also meet your above scenario. He's still sharp though, he just got lazy in all he do.