Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Who is also in this picture with Mickey Rooney, Edsel Ford and Harvey Firestone?

In the group picture is Mickey Rooney, Edsel Ford and Harvey Firestone sitting together.

Now between Ford and Firestone is a gentleman who I cannot identify.
    Anyone have a clue who that might be in the single photo pic?

Thanks for any and all responses.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by highjinx2; February-27-14 at 04:19 PM.

Waldo?

I though it was Frank Murphy, but I just google imaged him and it's not. Sorry.

Charles Kettering?

Looks like my grandpa, but he was just a unionizer who would have 'Punched Ford in da Nose' if he was ever that close to him.

Louis B. Mayer

Quote Originally Posted by CASSTECH1981 View Post
    Louis B. Mayer
    Could we have a winner?

Name:  judy_garland_judy_shirle[[[emple_mickey_rooney_louis_b_mayer_1941_IKZ57tp.sized.jpg
Views: 2339
Size:  91.2 KB

Louis B. Mayer with Shirley Temple, Judy Garland, Mickey Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Could we have a winner?

Name:  judy_garland_judy_shirle[[[emple_mickey_rooney_louis_b_mayer_1941_IKZ57tp.sized.jpg
Views: 2339
Size:  91.2 KB

Louis B. Mayer with Shirley Temple, Judy Garland, Mickey Rooney
    I like this forum...

Probably at Greenfield Village as part of filming the Thomas Edison movie Rooney starred in.

What about the lady with the hat on sitting behind everybody in the group pic? She looks quite pleased to be there.

It looks like a rail car

On February 11, 1940, on what would have been the 93rd birthday of Thomas Edison, Mickey Rooney and MGM came to Port Huron for a special premier of the movie
    Young Thomas Edison.

This was the train car of Detroit and Hollywood celebrities [[and entertainment paparazzi) that took the train from Detroit up to Port Huron for the movie premier... and followed the historic route that Thomas Edison took when he worked the Mt. Clemens to Port Huron route. Tied into this movie premier was a visit to Menlo Park and Smith Creek Station... all at Greenfield Village.

Also... the woman sitting next to Louis B. Mayer is Fay Bainter, the actress who played Thomas Edison's mother... Nancy Edison.
    Last edited by Gistok; February-27-14 at 10:05 PM.

Thanks CASSTECH1981, your the winner...
    And thanks EastsideAl for the picture...

I saw a forgettable Mickey Rooney movie years back. The only part I remember is where he flies to Detroit and we were treated to an aerial view of City airport still relatively rural.

I don't remember seeing any other Detroit scenes so I am guessing that was some B roll footage and the rest of the film was shot in Hollywood. Anyone know about that film. Maybe it relates to this picture.

RIP to both of those child mega stars who passed this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I saw a forgettable Mickey Rooney movie years back. The only part I remember is where he flies to Detroit and we were treated to an aerial view of City airport still relatively rural.

I don't remember seeing any other Detroit scenes so I am guessing that was some B roll footage and the rest of the film was shot in Hollywood. Anyone know about that film. Maybe it relates to this picture.

RIP to both of those child mega stars who passed this year.
    andy hardy series, "The Hardy's Ride High"