Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Looking for photos of Willis Show Bar and nearby buildings.

Howdy,

I am working on a proposal for a building that is located by the old Willis Show bar, and I am thinking about renovating the facade to make it look like it was originally. However, Im having a hard time finding pictures. Anybody know where I can track something like this down, or where I can find information about what old [[non-famous) buildings used to be?

Thanks yall.

Willis Show Bar 1976:

From this site:
    http://www.placepromo.com/search.php

Enter "3rd" in the address box, and Detroit from the pull-down menu in the city box, and search. You should be able to see 1976 pictures of most of the buildings along Third.

Bringing back the glory days of Damon Runyon's Detroit! Don't forget to include the hookers and drug dealers in your renderings!

I will totally put the hookers in the renderings! haha. The building Im doing drawings for is actually directly across from the show bar, so Im trying to find west facing photos. The picture from EastsideAl was probably taking directly in front of the building Im working on.

Found it! It was a poultry shop....?

http://www.placepromo.com/display.php?id=0910