Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Current Detroit Property Owners

Found a neat [[free!) web site where you can search by address for any Detroit property and learn the current owner, last time sold, and amount sold for. Thought this would be helpful to many DYes'rs!

http://whydontweownthis.com/sc/mi/wa....3529/-83.0992

I've moved so many times over the years, I can't even remember my old address at Keating and State Fair !

Very cool Ray, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Found a neat [[free!) web site where you can search by address for any Detroit property and learn the current owner, last time sold, and amount sold for. Thought this would be helpful to many DYes'rs!

http://whydontweownthis.com/sc/mi/wa....3529/-83.0992
    I LOVE this site! I've been a member for a few years now. It helped me alot when I bought a house in the 2012 foreclosure auction! They're the same folks that developed the software for the counting of all the parcels in the city.
    Last edited by getmoore; February-21-14 at 10:23 AM.

Looked up my old address on Littlefield [[neighborhood has always remained beautiful) the same guy my dad sold it to in 1968 is still listed as the owner.

I looked up my current address and found several names of former neighbors who moved years ago or passed on but are still listed as being the owner. I've lived here since the 60's.

Loveland took the City tax info and plugged it into their app. In 2009, working for WSU on a Lead Paint project, we used the same dataset of 'property owners' from the CoD. We got sent out to a house that had a 1600 address on Hazelwood. So we rolled down the street... passed house on the 1400 block, then a stretch of bare fields... then we hit back paring lot of the Herman Kiefer. Apparently the house we were being sent to had been torn down when they built Kiefer but to the city, it was still there Still billing for water and tax there and wondering why no-one ever paid. The best part was, we reported it to the City...next year, 1600 Hazelwood was right back. Still is on the taxrolls a we speak.

Thank you Ray. The information was quite interesting Lots right, lots wrong. Laughed to find out my square footage is 7452. It's actually about 26oo sq ft but seems much larger because of a beautiful 3rd floor Prior to our inheriting our property, the owner and ourselves petitioned and got the assessed value stated. Imagine our surprise when the home transfered to us, to get an assessed value of 98K. It took us 2 years but it was finally dropped to 20K. This year our assessment went from 20K to 32K.Sigh. Sadly a real estate woman specializing in the Villages said we could only get 25K because of our surroundings.

Last error, our house was built in 1907, not 1909.