Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Any News on the G.A.R. Building?

Some time back I read of an architectural firm that was going to restore the G.A.R.building and use it for its offices. Drove by it last week and it looks abandoned.

It may be behind schedule, but its definitely progressing.

http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...ant-spaces.php

They update the blog pretty often: http://gardetroit.org/

Absolutely wow!! ... the GAR website.

Just an amazing work still in progress.

Interestingly enough, one of their issues was... with all 3 sides of the building facing a major street, there is no alley side. So where do you put the dumpster??

Jerry Van, if you think it looks abandoned today, then you obviously haven't seen the GAR in years. One of the only reasons I enjoyed working at DTE HQ was seeing the daily progression of this renovation. Mindfield is doing a great job going into the second[[?) year of this project.

This is terrific news! I must have driven by too fast. Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Absolutely wow!! ... the GAR website.

Just an amazing work still in progress.

Interestingly enough, one of their issues was... with all 3 sides of the building facing a major street, there is no alley side. So where do you put the dumpster??
    I ran a restaurant in NY with the same garbage problem. We built a walk-in cooler inside just for trash, and put it out immediately before the truck came. Not ideal, but we couldn't put the garbage out for our customers to have to walk by!