Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default RIP Bob Casale founding DEVO guitarist

Was he Bob 1 or Bob 2? If you are a believer in DEVO, when was the peak to which we all go downhill from that point on? The '20s, the '50s, the '70s, the '80s?

he was bob 2. Mothersbaugh was bob 1

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    he was bob 2. Mothersbaugh was bob 1
    You mean Bob Mothersbaugh, not to be confused with Mark. Almost as weird as ZZ Tops' drummer, Frank Beard, the only guy without a beard [[in the old videos at least.)

In retro-memorium, Alan Myers died last year as well. Hadn't been in Devo since the 90's but was the drummer for most of their best albums and tours in the late 70's and 80's.

Here they are at the height of their popularity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Q35e0-fPQ

One of my hardcore favorites.
    Last edited by G-DDT; March-08-15 at 09:02 PM.

I would hate myself if I didn't post this.

That is, if you have the time. Oh-Neil...
    Gotta love Mark shakin' his head back
    and forth like a frustrated chimp.
    Last edited by G-DDT; March-08-15 at 09:02 PM.

One more. Doesn't get more 80's than this.

I know DEVO can be a tad bit too garish for some DY folks. So, for some of you who like their potatoes and latex to be like the Diet Cola and Low-Fat products you consume, here is a "nice" EZ listening form of a classic.

A nice selection to custom play at your next Detroit afterhours function...

"Choose your mutations wisely."-Mark Mothersbaugh

My favorite DEVO story was about how they put out this love song called "I Desire", which had lyrics that seemed like a typical love song. This had some folks aback. Then Warner Bros. got a call from the lawyers of John Hinckley Jr. saying that they ripped the lyrics straight from one of his obsessive "love songs" to Jodie Foster. Yup, with DEVO, it's guarantee there's always a twist somewhere.