Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Hats on backwards?

Couple of articles today about Mike Ditka saying that Matthew Stafford of the Lions should quit wearing his baseball cap on backwards. It shows immaturity and lack of leadership, sayeth the Ditka.

I agree. Quite frankly, young people wearing those caps on backwards look like goons. What sayeth ye?

First I would like to sincerely thank you Ray for your career and and just plain sweat equity you put in Detroit all those years.

Honestly, listening to Ditka on how to fix the lions is like asking a soviet general how to fix America. The man is a TOTAL bears homer and we are division foes. He would piss in the Lions soup if given a chance. That being said I don't give a Bleep how you wear your hat just WIN the F-ing game! Then...nothing else matters.

...and stay off my lawn while your at it

To my knowledge, stafford has never been anything but a decent guy. What happened to the concept of judging people based upon actions.

I'm finding older generations really like to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    ...and stay off my lawn while your at it
    I hope your pants aren't hitched as high as Clints though... That was kinda scary

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Couple of articles today about Mike Ditka saying that Matthew Stafford of the Lions should quit wearing his baseball cap on backwards. It shows immaturity and lack of leadership, sayeth the Ditka.

I agree. Quite frankly, young people wearing those caps on backwards look like goons. What sayeth ye?
    Social standards change. I'm quite sure people also said your generation was immature and lacked leaders skills in your leather jackets.

So with all due respect, get with it.

Actually, athletes will often wear a hat backwards for television cameras. Wearing a hat frontwards coming off the field with your head down and eyes totally covered by the brim is poor communication.

I really think 2014 is a benchmark season for Stafford. He was really lousy the last 6 or 7 games in 2013. Hopefully the new coaching will make a difference. I'd like to see him lose 25 pounds, he reminds me of the Pillsbury doughboy. I could care less about the hat but it would be great if he quit throwing sidearm.

This is really a non-issue. Ken Griffey Jr use to wear his backwards, and I didn't hear any flak about him.

While I seldom wear a hat, I always wear it in the traditional front-facing way. But young people have bigger fashion problems stunting their social and economic growth:

1) Boys: pull your damn pants up! I wouldn't hire the Harvard valedictorian if his belt was close to his knees. And while no one likes body odor, you don't need to wear "cologne" [[is Axe a cologne?) for the whole East Side.

2) Girls: save the hooker clothes for your career as a prostitute! Tighter isn't better, and leave a little something to the imagination. Also, with jewelry, make-up and hair products: less is more. Much less is much more.

I still prefer a fedora. Brim to the front.

Then there are these considerations:

Attachment 22796

While I prefer my brims forward, I can understand Stafford's decision to flip it around.

the camera is stuck in his face, people are shooting questions, and I think he just wants to see who is asking what.

And on a personal note, I wear a sport a StormyKromer. It is an Elmer Fudd looking thing and the womenz love it.

www.stormykromer.com

Hats on backwards?

You know how things come and go? This came and went.

I think he looks silly, but I don't really care a lot.

And then again we have:

Attachment 22797

Yep, leaders don't go for stupid fashion. Wearing a hat backwards is kind of like how some non-leaders thought it was cool to wear one of those silly sweat bands back in the 1980s.

The views of Ditka, the man who gave away all of the Saints draft picks for Ricky Williams, have to be taken with a big grain of salt.

The reason the Bears were great during Ditka's ranting reign was that their GM acquired talent that even Rick Forazano could have won with.

I was told it is an IQ indicator, signifying lower numbers in those who wear the hat that way. As the age increases it can indicate lower IQ as well as head injuries. This does NOT apply to baseball catchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickford-Bentler View Post
    Yep, leaders don't go for stupid fashion. Wearing a hat backwards is kind of like how some non-leaders thought it was cool to wear one of those silly sweat bands back in the 1980s.

The views of Ditka, the man who gave away all of the Saints draft picks for Ricky Williams, have to be taken with a big grain of salt.

The reason the Bears were great during Ditka's ranting reign was that their GM acquired talent that even Rick Forazano could have won with.
    Jim McMahon. I don't know why, but I always liked him. Unfortunately, I saw an interview with him recently and he was fine for the first few questions, then he started getting spacey. Victim of concussion syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Jim McMahon. I don't know why, but I always liked him. Unfortunately, I saw an interview with him recently and he was fine for the first few questions, then he started getting spacey. Victim of concussion syndrome.
    JM had charisma and leadership qualities. And he took hits for the team that are coming back to haunt him.

The fixation on attire, to me, is not relevant to much.

A good read is when Ernie Pyle got called to the carpet by George Patton during WW2.

I wonder what kind of reaction I'd get if I wore my cowboy hat in Michigan?

I did learn not to wear plaid flannel in Arizona. If you do that they start singing the Monty Python- Lumberjack Song.

Backwards is one thing. It's that ignorant sideways or hip-hop/rapper/banger angle to gets me. Make me want to cut the hat off at the shoulders and roll it down a bowling alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger4me View Post
    I was told it is an IQ indicator, signifying lower numbers in those who wear the hat that way. As the age increases it can indicate lower IQ as well as head injuries. This does NOT apply to baseball catchers.

Yup, the older and IQ thing is on track:

Attachment 22800

Hat on backwards doesn't bother me in the least. Sometimes this yr. I would have sworn his helmet was on backwards though. The hair halfway down the back and the beards on the Red Sox [[and every NHL player) is really annoying though. Professionals should look as good as their uniforms, especially the classic ones - Wings, Tigers, Yankees, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post

I don't mind the guys who wear their hats backwards, but I always wonder where they buy them.

Every store that I go to only sells baseball hats with the bills on the front ;-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast