Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Old Time Limo Car.

This is part of a picture of Adams Street just west of Park Blvd. next to the former Tuller Hotel, c.1914
    In the picture are two vehicles which the far vehicle is a Detroit Electric. The other vehicle is a Limo of some type, which I believe it's a Packard.
    Anyone have a guess to what make it is?
    Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I think you are right on the Packard - I think it is a Model 18. They stopped making them in 1911. I think it is to small to be a model 30

That does not look like any Packard to me. It does not have the typical "tombstone" radiator shape. Packard did not have front fenders that were square shaped and Packards were larger than most of their competitors and that car is small.

The limousine resembles a Packard depicted in Milo Quaife's "This Is Detroit", with two young women alighting on Belle Isle.

Last edited by A2Mike; February-15-14 at 05:23 PM. Reason: duplicate

Quote Originally Posted by A2Mike View Post
    Adding the period on the end threw me for 500 ms.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Adding the period on the end threw me for 500 ms.
    This blog won't allow one to cancel a duplicate post! It's as frustrating as Salon.com, which will let one cancel, but not edit, a post. Is it too much to ask be able to either?