Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Strange Wayne county tax bill

Got a certified letter two days ago. Our home is owned free and clear, all taxes paid. Letter said we owed $170.93 for 2012 and if we didn't pay by the end of the month our home would go into foreclosure. That was pretty disturbing to say the least.

What actually is funny is we over paid that year and we are owed $1013. I have a letter from the foreclosure attorneys that we are one of the creditors owed. Not holding my breath on that one.

Tried calls etc for explanations and got no where. I'll pay it Monday in person Note: no cash please, [[guess the county doesn't trust employees or acknowledge the jerks they hire can't count or fill out deposit slips) since it seems simpler but am serious pissed at that creepy notice.

I am thinking it might be the trash pickup portion of the bill???? Be nice if my trash was picked up. Happened 3 times since the beginning of December. This past week was a classic example. West side of the street picked up but most of us put our containers on the eastside due to parking issues, NADA.

I would suggest caution, as I recall some kind of scam in the news a while back.

It is absolutely authentic. That notice means that the 2012 tax bill was paid in February 2013 but using the amount printed on a bill through 12/31/12. They owe, according to County records, a late payment fee for Jan.

If sumas has an official letter from the County stating that she is owed money from 2012 tax over-payment, she should go to the assessor to discuss and reconcile. Not the City, as out of City hands at this point.

Possibly Sumas doesn't recognize the refusal to accept cash as a standard financial practice in many places, but it is. And yes, cash is tempting- and dirty and needs special tills and multiple counts and is generally time-consuming.

This is "creepy?" I recall that when Sumas got a ticket for leaving an inoperable vehicle parked on her street for more than 2 days, that was creepy. When neighbors seemed to be looking at her house too long, that was creepy. When the relatives of her benefactor, Mr. Pat, seemed to be eyeing her sudden inheritance, they were creepy. Are all these incidents actually creepy? Or this just an unusual figure of speech?

For a "pom-pom girl for Detroit" this constant slurring of mailmen [[won't come in her yard with dogs), garbage pick-up, street blight oversight, stupid traffic cops [[see Fireworks night 2013), the Catholics who never ever did anything for Detroit), the ignorant employees who can't be trusted with cash, the jewelry stores that treat her shabbily - it is so incongruous.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    It is absolutely authentic. That notice means that the 2012 tax bill was paid in February 2013 but using the amount printed on a bill through 12/31/12. They owe, according to County records, a late payment fee for Jan.

If sumas has an official letter from the County stating that she is owed money from 2012 tax over-payment, she should go to the assessor to discuss and reconcile. Not the City, as out of City hands at this point.

Possibly Sumas doesn't recognize the refusal to accept cash as a standard financial practice in many places, but it is. And yes, cash is tempting- and dirty and needs special tills and multiple counts and is generally time-consuming.

This is "creepy?" I recall that when Sumas got a ticket for leaving an inoperable vehicle parked on her street for more than 2 days, that was creepy. When neighbors seemed to be looking at her house too long, that was creepy. When the relatives of her benefactor, Mr. Pat, seemed to be eyeing her sudden inheritance, they were creepy. Are all these incidents actually creepy? Or this just an unusual figure of speech?

For a "pom-pom girl for Detroit" this constant slurring of mailmen [[won't come in her yard with dogs), garbage pick-up, street blight oversight, stupid traffic cops [[see Fireworks night 2013), the Catholics who never ever did anything for Detroit), the ignorant employees who can't be trusted with cash, the jewelry stores that treat her shabbily - it is so incongruous.
    Don't forget the mistreatment on DetroitYES.

Yes I am a pom pom girl for our city. Living here is a challenge and a delight. I hate to feed trolls but yes wierd shit happens here like anywhere else.

Always a little flattered that people bother to follow my posts at all that obviously dislike me. Here is a cool comment. Got mail every day this week hoping this new mail person is permanent!

Didn't realize I use the word creepy that often, sorry should I swear more?

Maybe I should apologize more for just loving my city and neighbors. Today, we took a neighbor whose husband has been laid off for three months to a food bank on Iroquois and Vernor, then took another neighbor to get his taxes filed. But I forget, I am such a drama queen.

This is my city, I love it, for every kindness we share, we get back threefold.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Tried calls etc for explanations and got no where. I'll pay it Monday in person Note: no cash please, [[guess the county doesn't trust employees or acknowledge the jerks they hire can't count or fill out deposit slips) since it seems simpler but am serious pissed at that creepy notice.
    Thanks for the shot at us Wayne County employees. I count & deposit cash accurately & honestly on my Wayne County job everyday. We're not a bunch of dumbass thieves.

Anyway, The Wayne Co. Treas office takes cash on daily basis. I would be suspicious if this letter says no cash. I don't know who you tried to contact, but you need to contact the WCTO at this point.
    Last edited by jackie5275; February-14-14 at 03:01 PM.

The letter reads "Payments may be made online, in-person or by mail. Make checks payable to Raymond J. Wojtowicz, Wayne County Treasurer... Do Not Send Cash..
    I am quoting from my own letter from the Treasurer so I know what I am talking about. There is no scam or conspiracy.

The letter reads "Payments may be made online, in-person or by mail. Make checks payable to Raymond J. Wojtowicz, Wayne County Treasurer... Do Not Send Cash..
    I am quoting from my own letter from the Treasurer so I know what I am talking about. There is no scam or conspiracy.
    Do not send cash....I could be wrong, but pretty sure they'll take it at the window. Which is what she was claiming she couldn't do.

Pay Taxes In-Person
    Check, cash or certified funds are accepted. Checks must be payable to the Wayne County Treasurer. A tax year that has a status of forfeiture, state, or individual bid, requires certified funds only.

The Office of the Wayne County Treasurer:
    International Center
    400 Monroe, 5th Floor
    Detroit, Michigan 48226 | Map

Office Hours:
    Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Tax Information Line: 313-224-5990
    Last edited by bailey; February-14-14 at 03:58 PM.

OK guys... maybe you don't understand the logic of the statement.... which states... very clearly....

Check, cash or certified funds are accepted.

Then it says....

A tax year that has a status of forfeiture, state, or individual bid, requires certified funds only.

In the
    United States and Canada, Certified Funds are

And if you think CASH is a Certified Funds... you are WRONG...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0185538AAfOkAD
    Last edited by Gistok; February-14-14 at 04:38 PM.

Aha, Gistock [[a veritable knight for Lady Sumas), Sumas incorrectly read her letter. It states that if you don't get 2012 taxes all finished by COB February 2014, THEN you will be in a tax forfeiture situation and you "may" lose your legal interest in the property.Again, I have my own copy of the letter [[I owe, including penalties, $50.93 and I have just mailed off a check for that amount, as suggested in the letter). I hardly owe the trash-talking, anti-Catholic Sumas an apology.

Aha, Gistock [[a veritable knight for Lady Sumas), Sumas incorrectly read her letter. It states that if you don't get 2012 taxes all finished by COB February 2014, THEN you will be in a tax forfeiture situation and you "may" lose your legal interest in the property.Again, I have my own copy of the letter [[I owe, including penalties, $50.93 and I have just mailed off a check for that amount, as suggested in the letter). I hardly owe the trash-talking, anti-Catholic Sumas an apology.
    OK SWMAP, I'll bite....

You are an online stalker... you have been picking on Sumas for as long as I can remember on this forum... do tell everyone why do you hate her so? Huh?

I'm no one's knight... and I don't believe everything she says either... but I'd tell that to her face at a forum function... not hiding behind a keyboard with a checklist of things she's done in the past, at the ready, to post on here at a moments notice... that's what's creepy!

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    Thanks for the shot at us Wayne County employees. I count & deposit cash accurately & honestly on my Wayne County job everyday. We're not a bunch of dumbass thieves.

Anyway, The Wayne Co. Treas office takes cash on daily basis. I would be suspicious if this letter says no cash. I don't know who you tried to contact, but you need to contact the WCTO at this point.
    Since I am in the mood for apologizes, sorry Jackie I made a cheap shot. Mea Culpa.

I am not "stalking" Sumas. I do keep track of her mis-statements here because she is often attributing malice and incompetence where there is nothing but her mis-reading, misunderstanding and/or paranoia. She trashes people. She is an anti-Catholic bigot.
    I was not anywhere in the discussion about GP that had to be expurgated because Sumas devolved into unseemly attacks.

I think she needs to be called out for implying evil and corruption and incompetence where there us none. This was one such case.

I know, I know. Sumas is Mother Theresa over there in the Villages. She has pointed it out numerous times and even today.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    OK SWMAP, I'll bite....

You are an online stalker... you have been picking on Sumas for as long as I can remember on this forum... do tell everyone why do you hate her so? Huh?

I'm no one's knight... and I don't believe everything she says either... but I'd tell that to her face at a forum function... not hiding behind a keyboard with a checklist of things she's done in the past, at the ready, to post on here at a moments notice... that's what's creepy!
    Thank you Gistok. You might not be a knight but you are a true gentleman. Strangely funny, but many folk in the area call me Lady Sue. The typical honorific is miss or sir. What can I say, I really truly live in an amazing sweet community of citizens. Odd and weird things happen and you are right not to believe all things posted but honestly I do not make stuff up. I do admit that sometimes I do not tell the whole truth. Not sure anyone does.

I enjoy this forum for its wit and wisdom. People amaze me with their knowledge. I am not always pleasant but try to be. Thanks to all for sharing knowledge. Sumas

I do have one question, how am I anti Catholic???? My husband of 39 years and partner for 44 is Catholic. I do not claim to embrace some of its doctrines but I have no ill will at all. My son married into the Krishna faith. No issues there either. My other son, is an agnostic, my sister is an atheist, no problems there either. I am UCC, some folk don't like our embrasive doctrines either. SO????

Golly, now I will be told I've used either too much! TOO CREEPY!

I do have one question, how am I anti Catholic???? My husband of 39 years and partner for 44 is Catholic. I do not claim to embrace some of its doctrines but I have no ill will at all. My son married into the Krishna faith. No issues there either. My other son, is an agnostic, my sister is an atheist.
    My God; reading through your problems I thought you were preparing to tell us you added to them by voting Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    My God; reading through your problems I thought you were preparing to tell us you added to them by voting Republican.
    No clue if you are being snide, I do vote always but generally Democrat, Green Party or Libertarian. Sometimes I favor Mickey Mouse as a write in.

No clue if you are being snide, I do vote always but generally Democrat, Green Party or Libertarian. Sometimes I favor Mickey Mouse as a write in.
    Figures, I lean towards Goofy, myself.