Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Old Photos of NW Detroit [[Grand River-Greenfield)

I'm at a loss for getting anymore old photos from 50's, 60's and 70's of my old neighborhood [[Grand River- Greenfield).
    Tried Virtual Motor City at Reuther Library, Burton Collection, Bentley Library etc. plus Facebook pages and local HS yearbooks.

Not sure how I could reach people with pics from family albums.
    Everyone has moved. Any ideas? Help.
    Some group or organization must have photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Stuff like this.

Bought my first LP at that Federal's, The McCoys "Hang On Sloopy". They didn;t have the Kinks LP I would have preferred. Don't have any photos tho'. Sorry

Here are a couple from roughly 1972.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    I remember that Junior Achievement building from when I was a wee lad and thinking that was the most coolest modernist thing I had ever seen. I could not wait till I was old enough to be in JA. By the time I was old enough it was long gone! I look at it now and I am reminded of how ugly that sign was!

If you do a search on this page you will see a lot of pictures from Grand River have been posted in the past. The search feature is at the bottom of the page under navigation.

BrotherZeus, those are two pics my sister took of the area. Looking or other original photos. Thanks anyways

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    I remember that Junior Achievement building from when I was a wee lad and thinking that was the most coolest modernist thing I had ever seen. I could not wait till I was old enough to be in JA. By the time I was old enough it was long gone! I look at it now and I am reminded of how ugly that sign was!

If you do a search on this page you will see a lot of pictures from Grand River have been posted in the past. The search feature is at the bottom of the page under navigation.

Quote Originally Posted by daddeeo View Post
    Stuff like this.
    If you run this picture thru Photoshop it will look about as clear and bright as the pic that Smirnoff posted.

A page on the CBS Outdoor website has a map that includes a photo taken in the very early 1990's [[or even late 1980's) of Grand River and Southfield, a mile northwest of the area described [[more info here).

Not sure if you've done this already. But there's a Facebook page called "If You Live Or Grew Up Near Grand River and Greenfield". Lots of pictures and memories. Link is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/47874964535/

I wonder if the city ever took photos of commercial buildings along that intersection. If so, I'd give a bundle to find out where they are.
    Wrote a letter to the Ombudsman to see If she knows.
    Reuther Library and WSU have Virtual Motor City but they only have half of their photos are online.

Seen Facebook page.

Nice photo from a football program circa 1959.

I wonder if the city ever took photos of commercial buildings along that intersection. If so, I'd give a bundle to find out where they are.
    Wrote a letter to the Ombudsman to see If she knows.
    Reuther Library and WSU have Virtual Motor City but they only have half of their photos are online.

Seen Facebook page.

Still looking for those hard to get photos. Trying city hall in latest attempt.

Nice photo from a football program circa 1959.