Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Volunteer Work Saturday at Historic Fort Wayne

I understand that there is a Volunteer Day happening at Historic Fort Wayne this Saturday, 9-5.

Is there any special equipment--besides old clothes and work gloves--I should bring with me?

elganned-

Yes, there is a workday on Saturday from 9 to 5. You may want to bring gloves and sturdy shoes, as some of the work can be a bit tough.

Here is the official e-mail sent out to members:

"This is a reminder that there will be a HFWC workday this Saturday, July 25th, starting promptly at 9am. Please assemble for the workday at Bldg 112 for a safety brief by the Projects and Grounds Committees prior to starting.

There will also be a membership meeting held over the lunch break.
    Please come out and support some of the critical projects that we have ongoing such as:
    Spanish American War Guardhouse painting
    Commandant's House repair/painting
    Casemate Cover work
    Window restoration

There will also be plenty of grounds maintenance that we will be tackling during the day - both inside and outside of the Star Fort."

Please feel free to come out and help- we could use all the extra hands we can get!
    We will be finishing-up the Span-Am Guard House painting and starting on the Commandants House, plus the usual Grounds work that is necessary to keep the place up as well.

If you get there, look me up. Anyone in the Coalition can tell you who I am.

See you at the Fort!

Feel free to ask for me, Tom Steele as well if you are on site.

Hope to see you there!

Regards,

-Subvet