Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Ads Attacking Gary Peters

Are you as sick of these attack ads as I am? I listen to WWJ and they seem to be on constantly. There is also a TV version. They are paid for by Americans for Prosperity a Koch bros. front group.

http://www.eclectablog.com/2014/01/k...ork-times.html

I'll make a prediction that all this dark money pouring in from the Citizens United bombshell will reach some point of diminishing returns. Who knows where that equilibrium point will lie but we can hope that the blowback will be severe, as well it should.

Personally, when I see any ad that seems overly polished by money, I turn hard against the advertised product. See MoveToAmend.org.

I couldn't resist saving the Donkey Hotey graphic from that link.

The ads start with Barry Obama stating that "your health insurance can't be cancelled" under the affordable health care act, then Gary Peters repeating the same thing, then goes on to mention that "thousands of Michigan families have had their health insurance cancelled" --which we know is true. The health insurance was provided by a private company, who must have evaluated the client's policy after the health care act was instated and decided they weren't making any money on these policies and issued cancellation notices. So far no one from the department of justice seems to be going after the insurance companies for violating the provisions of the act [[law) so is there a loop hole that permits these cancellations that the 1500 pages of the act did not catch? I'm curious.

Default Koch Empire Retools, Rearms and Renames | Dark Lords Of Influence

"If the Koch brothers' political operation seemed ambitious in 2010 or 2012, wait for what's in store for 2014 and beyond.

The billionaire industrialists Charles and David Koch are convening some of the country's richest Republican donors on Sunday at a resort near Palm Springs, Calif., to raise millions of dollars for efforts to shape the political landscape for years to come.

It's the cash that can possibly kick Democrats out of the Senate majority this fall and shape the philosophy and agenda of the GOP conference -- not to mention the 2016 presidential field.

The Koch political operation has become among the most dominant forces in American politics, rivaling even the official Republican Party in its ability to shape policy debates and elections. But it's mostly taken a piecemeal approach, sticking to its sweet spots, while leaving other tasks to outsiders, or ad hoc coalitions of allies." The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur breaks it down.