Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Former Farmer Jacks location

I had noticed some activity going on in the former Farmer Jacks building in the Jefferson Village stripmall on Jefferson and St Jean. Does anyone knows what is going to open in that spot

That would make a good location for a Dixieland Fleamarket!

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I had noticed some activity going on in the former Farmer Jacks building in the Jefferson Village stripmall on Jefferson and St Jean. Does anyone knows what is going to open in that spot
    It's going to be a supermarket. Safeway, Foodway, Greenway? The same name that is in the mall with the O' Reilly's in it. There was an announcement sign on the red bank that is on the corner.

Another Spartan ghetto store. What a waste of valuable space that could had been used for a Wal-Mart. I had thought that these Spartan ghetto stores being given the green light to dominate the Detroit food market had ceased under the new administration and council

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    It's going to be a supermarket. Safeway, Foodway, Greenway? The same name that is in the mall with the O' Reilly's in it. There was an announcement sign on the red bank that is on the corner.
    Incorrect....... this will be the site of the future HopCat bar everyone is raving about [[well, almost everyone), although there will need to be a slight expansion as the footprint calls for 55,000 Sq Ft of drinking space. 22,000 Sq Ft of that is reserved for the taps alone.

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    Incorrect....... this will be the site of the future HopCat bar everyone is raving about [[well, almost everyone), although there will need to be a slight expansion as the footprint calls for 55,000 Sq Ft of drinking space. 22,000 Sq Ft of that is reserved for the taps alone.
    Will some of the "130 taps" extend well into Canada?

Another Spartan ghetto store. What a waste of valuable space that could had been used for a Wal-Mart. I had thought that these Spartan ghetto stores being given the green light to dominate the Detroit food market had ceased under the new administration and council
    I'm pretty sure that was the platform Duggan ran on. Oh, wait, I was approached to sign his petition in front of that other Spartan ghetto store, Harbortown Market.

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    Don't tell DetroitPlanner, he might cry because that will almost double the amount of ......y drunk frat guys who are 30-40 looking for fights!!!!

Will some of the "130 taps" extend well into Canada?
    There will be a new tunnel constructed across the Detroit River that "funnels" fatty Labatty light into the HopCat. Some say it will never run dry.

Quote Originally Posted by motz View Post
    don't tell detroitplanner, he might cry because that will almost double the amount of ......y drunk frat guys who are 30-40 looking for fights!!!!
    Oh yeah!?!?! Sez who............?

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve;
    Well at least the residents in the newly developed neighborhood will have a place to walk to for a drink their troubles away trying to forget how they duped into buyi g a home in tat defunct of a development

I say that it was still a waste of good valuable space. Good ridden George Jackson

I say that it was still a waste of good valuable space. Good ridden George Jackson
    Oh, I don't know. When the mall first opened it sucked me into buying in that neighborhood. "HEY! Detroit is coming BACK!!!!!"

Oh, I don't know. When the mall first opened it sucked me into
    buying in that neighborhood. "HEY! Detroit is coming BACK!!!!!"
    Maybe one day Mikes Market or some crime magnet food institution Detroit call a grocery store will open in the area. It will be neighboring your friendly neighborhood beauty supply store and metro pc

Maybe one day Mikes Market or some crime magnet food institution Detroit call a grocery store will open in the area. It will be neighboring your friendly neighborhood beauty supply store and metro pc
    Waaaaay ahead of you. There are 3 Metro PCS esses, @ least 3 "beauty supply houses", and @ least 3 grocery/food stores. [[one is sans liquor) The neighborhood is boomin'! Y'all set it up for a come-back!

Not every Spartan Store is a dump. You need to get out more.

I get out quite a bit, thank you. But I do have my favorites, La Colmena, Lafayette Market, and Harbor Town. Ok, I retract my first post, we have 5 total. Come to think of it, it's like living in the 'burbs. Without the boredom, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Not every Spartan Store is a dump.
    This is so true!!

Without a grocery store, the rest of that center will stay moribund. How is the Spartan store in Riverbend Plaza? That center is almost full.

Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    Without a grocery store, the rest of that center will stay moribund. How is the Spartan store in Riverbend Plaza? That center is almost full.
    Riverbend Plaza, THAT'S it! That's the same name that's going into the old Famer Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    It's actually pretty good. I wouldn't go out of my way to go there but it isn't ghetto. Has anybody here who is flipping their shit over this grocery store ever actually been to the other one?

Why is everyone here being such jerks? People are decrying the new bar on one thread and now the grocery store on this one.

It's a grocery store, okay, and the other one operated by the same people is perfectly fine. It isn't going to solve Detroit's problems. And what the hell is your damn problem with a Metro PCS store or a Beauty Supply store? Neither of those places ever bothered me. I'm not going to shop there but they obviously serve a need and pay taxes so who gives a shit? Why knock it? Open something you like better if you're so smart.
    Last edited by poobert; February-03-14 at 04:08 PM.

Another Spartan ghetto store. What a waste of valuable space that could had been used for a Wal-Mart.
    Bite your tongue! Don't you know that Walmart epitomizes corporate eeeeeeeeeeevulllllllllllllllll? Don't you ever listen to DetroitNerd? Walmart is even worse than suburban barbershops.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    It's actually pretty good. I wouldn't go out of my way to go there but it isn't ghetto. Has anybody here who is flipping their shit over this grocery store ever actually been to the other one?

Why is everyone here being such jerks? People are decrying the new bar on one thread and now the grocery store on this one.

It's a grocery store, okay, and the other one operated by the same people is perfectly fine. It isn't going to solve Detroit's problems. And what the hell is your damn problem with a Metro PCS store or a Beauty Supply store? Neither of those places ever bothered me. I'm not going to shop there but they obviously serve a need and pay taxes so who gives a shit? Why knock it? Open something you like better if you're so smart.
    Something better should open in that mall than another bar. That is all Detroit need is another watering hole.I would rather see a Target or a Kmart that would attract other stores such as Dunham, Lowes, and other decent stores.

*Farmer JACK.

You should know better as a Detroiter...

This is a lame thread, though it is good to hear that the space will be occupied. A strip mall is bad enough. An empty strip mall is the worst [[and hardly a Detroit-only problem).

Stasu you don't actually want city government to regulate which grocers can sign leases in the city, do you?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast