Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Agree. Suh has let his team down a critical time. Frankly I hope they get rid of him. He is great but not a team player. They can buy a lot of talent for what they would pay for his unruly foolishness.
    Agree completely. Ironic how when he does open up and talk he talks about his ambitions as a businessman post football career. If he was the man that brought this city a Super Bowl his ability to put his name on it and make boat loads of cash would have been limitless and lucrative. At the end of his career here in the D he just kinda proves once again he's not thinking ahead ever.

there needs to be a fan appreciation day at whatever point that the season ends. Have food vendors, merchandise for sale, and have players [[and the head coach) available to sign autographs.

If they play like they did Sunday, It should be sometime next week.

On a positive note, Swanson held up well at center.

I would like to see a mauler brought in at either tackle or guard during free agency or the draft.

Given our late pick, guard is the more likely pick, unless there is a TE

Well....thanks to N[[dumb)ukong Suh, Dallas doesn't have much to fear now, Suh is a game changer and especially if Fairley isn't back Sunday. Only hope is they still can contain Murray, Witten, and Bryant, Romo has a bad game, and Stafford has the game of his life. This Dallas team reminds me of the "Triplets" Aikman, Smith and Irvin.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; December-30-14 at 03:16 PM.

Breaking News, Suh's suspension has been overturned by the NFL. He has to pay a $70,000 fine, however he gets to play Sunday at Dallas.

All this Yo Yo news has me believing that tomorrow we will be informed that Dominic Raiola, during practice, stomped on Suh's leg causing it to be broken in three places.

Lion motivational film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2sYN3hGK9E

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    there needs to be a fan appreciation day at whatever point that the season ends. Have food vendors, merchandise for sale, and have players [[and the head coach) available to sign autographs.
    Since Raiola should be sooo gone at the end of this season perhaps they can have him on hand to flip off the fans one last time. I'd love to return his salute.

My thought on Suh is if he wants to be here, we make it work. The man's a special talent. If he doesn't then so be it. He's busted his ass here already and has played pretty well. No one can say he hasn't helped but I think we can all agree he's hurt the team too.

He's an enigma that's for damned sure. He's kinda like the Playboy magazine at the news stand- I can't read him. I really couldn't tell you which way he'll decide. And not wanting to sound like a total Lions fan, but seriously... play in New York? Jets or the Giants are a total train wreck in regards to being legit organizations. Their chances of getting closer to a Super Bowl are a helluva lot less than Detroit's I'd say. And to be "more recognizable" and a "brand" in that market? How many NFL brands or super recognizable players are there from either of those teams? Quick- someone name me a player not named Eli Manning or Gino Smith. Hell, I'd be hard pressed to name the head coaches [[Jets- vacant/ Giants- Tom Coughlin). So I'm not sure if Suh's looking to be a marquee sort of name are either of these teams a destination even though his sister's supposedly moved there.

I'd like to think he's liked what Caldwell & Austin have established here in Detroit with the defense and would want to stay here but again, the guy's about as tough to read as tea leaves.

Either way, I can honestly say I've enjoyed the majority of his work here and I've absolutely loathed some of his work too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Breaking News, Suh's suspension has been overturned by the NFL. He has to pay a $70,000 fine, however he gets to play Sunday at Dallas.
    I hope he chases Romo all over the turf and helps us win the game with defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Rambler View Post
    Since Raiola should be sooo gone at the end of this season perhaps they can have him on hand to flip off the fans one last time. I'd love to return his salute.
    Or start paying his mistress for child support.....

Center Dominic Raiola hasn’t been having much fun on the field this season and he’s got some off-field difficulties to deal with as well.
    A motion filed in Macomb County Circuit Court alleges Raiola is two months behind on paying child support. The motion claims Raiola did not pay the mother of his five-year-old son the $14,526 he owes every month in either November or December.
    The Detroit News reports that Raiola had a son out of wedlock with a woman named Andrea Yee in February 2007, a few months before Raiola’s wife had the couple’s third child.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    My thought on Suh is if he wants to be here, we make it work. The man's a special talent. If he doesn't then so be it. He's busted his ass here already and has played pretty well. No one can say he hasn't helped but I think we can all agree he's hurt the team too.
    He has shown the ability to be a dominant player. last year that dominance was AWOL. It comes down to how much we have to pay to keep him. $15-17/year would be reasonable $22-23 not so much

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post

He's an enigma that's for damned sure. He's kinda like the Playboy magazine at the news stand- I can't read him. I really couldn't tell you which way he'll decide. And not wanting to sound like a total Lions fan, but seriously... play in New York? Jets or the Giants are a total train wreck in regards to being legit organizations. Their chances of getting closer to a Super Bowl are a helluva lot less than Detroit's I'd say. And to be "more recognizable" and a "brand" in that market? How many NFL brands or super recognizable players are there from either of those teams? Quick- someone name me a player not named Eli Manning or Gino Smith. Hell, I'd be hard pressed to name the head coaches [[Jets- vacant/ Giants- Tom Coughlin). So I'm not sure if Suh's looking to be a marquee sort of name are either of these teams a destination even though his sister's supposedly moved there.

I'd like to think he's liked what Caldwell & Austin have established here in Detroit with the defense and would want to stay here but again, the guy's about as tough to read as tea leaves.

Either way, I can honestly say I've enjoyed the majority of his work here and I've absolutely loathed some of his work too.

He has never missed a game due to injury and is in on 80% of defensive plays at a position that takes a beating. His work ethic and durability go along with his talent.

And he was selected as a first string All-Pro. The All-Pro designation is based on the views of his peers.

IOW, he earns what he is paid.

The question becomes:

Is that amount of money to big of a bite out of the salary cap?

My opinion is that the Ravens are a better model for the Lions than the Saints because Flacco and Stafford are similar.

I also noted that the Ravens play a 3-4 with the defense staying disciplined to jump on mistakes - which, last night, the Steelers obliged.

In a perfect world sans the cap, I would want Suh back, even though he is aloof.

However, if he is gone, I think a switch to the Ravens scheme on defense and offense would best utilize the talent the Lions have via free agency and the draft.

Alright so Matty Stafford threw a pick to start the third but a wide right field goal attempt by Dallas? Oh this is delicious so far. Those Dallas fans are a sour bunch right now and let's keep it that way.

And Prater makes one on the other end of Dallas' botched kick for a 20-7 lead. Let's grind this one out of Dallas. Is it me or does Reggie Bush seem to have regained some of his step? Maybe a little bit or am I eternally hopeful the lightning comes back?

Right now, guys, we are still in the lead at 20-17, eight minutes left in the game. If we keep up this lead, then we'll win our first postseason game since 1991.

If that happens, it'll be interesting to see what we do when we face Seattle-if we beat them too, then something historical will happen...

...we'll be appearing in our very first Super Bowl!

So sad we lost this one...

"Of all the words of tongue or pen,
    These are the saddest, it might have been."

August-30-14, 10:58 AM #166 Lowell

Big turn around year of 12-4 but then suffer a humiliating first round blowout playoff loss to maintain our Chicago Cubs-style lovable loser humility.
    They may have lost but it was a great try and they were in it to the end. So close, so far away. Good year Lions. "Wait until next year!"

Any chance Stafford stays in Texas & doesn't return....any?

[[0-18 against winning teams on the road).
    Last edited by Smirnoff; January-04-15 at 08:15 PM.

Lions were dominating early, but it was hot and humid down on the field in the enclosed stadium. It looked like the Lions ran out of gas in the 4th quarter.

Time to relocate the team.

They need to get some durable offensive linemen. Dallas's defensive line is mediocre and will be beaten down by Seattle. The Lions, on the other hand let this unit get 3 sacks.

I think this was Suh's last game as a Lion.

And Ford has to demand more than mediocre management.

Sure, Mayhew is better than Millen as a 4/10 is a much higher score than 0.00004/10. However, drafting Ebron and Van Noy when there were offensive linemen on the board has come home to roost.

Hey, had you bet the Lions in Las Vegas sports books, you had a winner. Dallas failed to cover the 7 1/2 point spread.

That pass interference call did them in. Rarely do you ref's pick up a flag, especially when it was clearly pass interference. That BS call doesn't pass the smell test to me, but OTOH, Detroit should have scored more than 3 pts the 2nd half. I mean what changed that Stafford didn't get his playmakers the ball? It wasn't the Dallas defense. NFL just wants a GB / Dallas matchup for ratings.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; January-05-15 at 03:08 AM.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast