Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

The toughest game will be in Green Bay. We never win in Green Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Oh yeah? Which ones?
    at lambo and at NE

AZ's great strength is against the run, but their pass defense is questionable at best and Palmer has some shoulder issues. I think the Lions will probably lose, but it's far from a lock in my eyes
    Last edited by rb336; October-29-14 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    It might very well be this game. Hell, I think the last time we beat the Pack at Lambeau, leather helmets were the norm.

But seriously 1991 to be exact. It seems more like 1881 though. We beat Mike Majkowski or Mike Tomszak back then. Not sure what it is about that place that we just can't win there. But I'm counting on Green Bay's less than stellar defense to be evident again and ours to stepping it up again.

As Lion fans we need to focus on one week at a time. So lets figure out how not to lose in the bye week.

Last game of the season in December outside up there? Damm straight that's the toughest game. We don't win in that place when the weather is nice.

As Lion fans we need to focus on one week at a time. So lets figure out how not to lose in the bye week.
    This sounds like the mantra of Jim Caldwell. And it's brilliant so far.

But as fans go I think for me, it's a part of withdrawal. Discussing it here is just a nice way to vent, rant and just hash thoughts out. No harm done. No rationale other than checking in with the bunion and making predictions again.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Last game of the season in December outside up there? Damm straight that's the toughest game. We don't win in that place when the weather is nice.
    We used to say that about RFK Stadium too and somehow we managed to go in there and pull out a victory against the Washington team a few years back. There was a while when this team couldn't win on the road either and yet again- they proved the Lions doubters wrong again.

Totally unexpected surprises.

But then to see Green Bay coming back to being a beatable team is an unexpected surprise too.

I was at that game earlier in the year when they beat the Packers. Aaron Rodgers didn't look good that day. He played like he was on downers or valium or something. I think that was his worst game in the pros. Maybe he's getting old, maybe he's not gonna age like Brent Farve did.

this being the BYE week, how is the recovery of the injured players?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    Some key players will be back. But what about the recovery of us fans? Are minds and bodies are damaged after getting through those last two games. I think I pulled a hammy jumping off the couch. We all need this bye week.

from what I've heard, odds for the Dolphins game are good with Calvin, Van Noy, so-so for Ebron, Pettigrew and Fauria, not great for Bush

For even the healthy guys I'm sure being away from having contact is going to help. I'd like to think that management also gives them a few days away from locker room if they want it. Just having a mental break away from it all is going to help. Hopefully there won't be any mental lapses from being away from the game for the week; I'm sure Caldwell will get them back into game shape mentally & physically before Miami next week.

And having played over in London coming up on the bye week is ideal. I don't know why people think that the NFL is going to have a team over there. The time difference is too great. Look at the week prior, the team had to hop on a plane Monday night to get themselves ready. If they want football over there, bring back NFL Europe. It's tough enough playing this game already without time zones effing us up. They want London? Give London, Ontario a franchise.

The only player that seems bound and determined to play next week from the injured list is Calvin. Sitting out three weeks has probably done him a world of good. A healthy Megatron for the second half of the season is gonna be good for this team. He's too good of a weapon for this team.

So we are home this weekend after a bye week and are well rested. With many of the missing players back, a lot of momentum and in a very important game, I predict... a typical Lions fiasco and heartbreaking loss.

^^ I sure hope not. They better bring their "A" game though because Miami is pretty good. They need to get this game before going on the road to Arizona and New England.

So we are home this weekend after a bye week and are well rested. With many of the missing players back, a lot of momentum and in a very important game, I predict... a typical Lions fiasco and heartbreaking loss.
    I'm hoping you're going to be dead wrong. Nothing personal at all about this but I also look at this Lions team and seeing them doing things that aren't typical of Lions teams. The only heartbreak that this team has had has been inflicting it to their opponents as of late.

Admittedly I do fear some rust after the Bye week though. They might start out of the gate slower than what I would prefer BUT this team has also had the knack to come storming back. What I would love to see is the offense building up a two score sort of lead and then letting the defense pin their ears back and go after the Miami offense.

This week's game could very well show whose a poser. Neither of these teams were ever slotted to being this good. Both of these teams are playing above and beyond their pre-season expectations. One will fall, get exposed and the other one gets to live the dream for another week. I'm hoping it'll be the Lions playing in front of the loud ass home team, coming out of this victorious.

Either team could lose and not be exposed as a poser. it's one loss between two fairly matched teams. If one gets blown out...

This is a must win because of the next 2 games. If we lose at home we could and probably will be 6-5 after the next 2.
    When is the last time we won a must win game?

Another nail biter. At the end of the day we walk outta Ford Field smiling.

But was it just me but after the first half didn't you feel as though the Lions should've been up by 20+ points? I know the scoreboard said differently but the way the defense was badgering Miami, I thought the Lions dominated them. The Dolphins had more plays going backwards than I could count… and yet we were only up 10.

This was a strange ass game. Two fake punts? Sam Martin's passing efficiency was remarkable! But after seeing weeks and weeks of relatively conservative play calling, who lit the fire under Lombardi/ Caldwell's ass? And going for it on fourth down [[thank goodness for Calvin's multiple juggle catch) multiple times? I didn't recognize that team out there sporting the Lions' colors.

I'm never one to bitch too much about the officiating but damn, they seemed amateurish today. So many flags being picked up and there were a few sketchy face mask calls. Suh getting called for a facemask call was inadvertent. Ihedigbo's pushing off Tannehill after the interception also had a facemask call in there as well. But isn't there a five yard variety or are they all 15 yard penalties now? Did I miss something in the new NFL rule book??

I'm sure Coldwater Caldwell is going to be thankful for the win but he needs to address the team's penalties. Far too many personal fouls that kept their drives alive. The discipline slipped a little bit this game. We can't revert back to Schwartz now.

Geese, I get home from taking my girls to the park, click on nfl.com right when Stafford completes a TD to Riddick to win the game.

Anyhow, it looks like the Lions have more mental toughness than under Schwarz. There were enough momentum deflating plays that would have sunk last years team.

Yada Yada yada..... Stafford has bad mechanics and throws like a shortstop

Dolphins defense made adjustments in the 2nd half and the Lions front seven wasn't as dominant.
    The silly penalties are starting to creep back in, they need to tighten those up before Arizona next week. Overall, they played a decent game, glad Megatron is back in the fold, to go with Golden Tate, who has been fabulous. Stafford might be shaky at times during the game, but he has a knack for leading the team on game winning drives. I believe that's 3 in a row.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; November-09-14 at 05:19 PM.

It's time for the O line to stand up a defense, open some seams for the running game and give Stafford as much time as Brady gets

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    I believe that's 3 in a row.
    Nope, today was their fourth consecutive win.

I agree that Stafford can look pretty average for three quarters and then look like the second coming of Johnny Unitas for the fourth quarter. I still contend that he's ben given different marching orders than what he was given under Linehan/ Schwartz. He no longer just zips them into those microscopic spots between defenders- BUT he has managed the ball for the team that much better. The one pick he had today was because of an amazing one handed by Brent Grimes- damn him for making ESPN's highlights. Stafford's game is still evolving- much to the chagrin of us fans. I know we got used to seeing his amazing numbers over the last few years but I'd be willing to contend they were hollow mop up numbers against the bend-but-don't-break defenses. Those numbers were bogus and I'd be willing to settle for this less flashy sort of QB to win games. Like him or not, the man's been clutch the last few weeks when it counts.

Seriously given the time left in the game and we were within one touch of winning it- did any of you guys sweat like we would've in years past? Maybe given the last few cardiac games my arteries have been hardened and I'm not worried as much. I had a feeling that the Lions were going to find a way to win this. Don't ask me why; maybe it's my bunion speaking trash to me or seeing Caldwell not blink- but I really didn't worry too much.

Another curious point about this game was- why wasn't Ryan Tannehill running more with the ball? I thought for sure he was going to keep our defensive line honest with the fear of a running QB- instead he was just a straight drop back QB today.

James Ihedigbo? We don't miss Delmas at all. He was a machine out there today. Between he and Glover Quin, those two guys have been pretty solid back there patrolling the defensive backfield.

One of these games an announcer will say "well we're half-way through the third quarter and the Lions are down by 17 points. They have them right where they want them" and not be kidding

VEEEERRRY interesting turn of affairs here for next week's game. Carson Palmer is out with a knee injury and [[get this) Drew Stanton is now the Arizona Cardinals' signal caller.

A glint of hope perhaps? Maybe an equalizer? I suspect that the odds for the Cardinals to easily romp over our Lions has suddenly taken a slight turn.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast