Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Warren Police Forcibly Cuts Off Detroit Woman's Weave

Even more reason for me to make a conscious effort to boycott places in that hillbilly backwater.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014...kes-waves?lite

Disturbing new video showing a Michigan police officer hacking off the hair weave of a young woman arrested in November is stirring controversy on social media.
    In the video, Charda Gregory, 23, of Detroit is tied in a restraining chair by four officers in Warren, Mich., before a female officer rips and cuts at her long braids. Gregory appears to protest and react physically, but the officer doesn’t stop until the entire weave is removed from her head.
    Gregory was arrested for allegedly damaging a motel room and police car in suburban Detroit, but charges against her were dropped, according to NBC affiliate WDIV.
    Police Officer Bernadette Najor, who administered the violent haircut, said she did so because weaves pose a suicide risk, WDIV reported. Najor was suspended and later fired.
    At the time, Warren Police Commissioner Jere Green said Najor clearly violated policy.
    “There’s a real simple thing: it’s called right and wrong. And to me this is something that I won’t tolerate, I don’t think the citizens of Warren will tolerate it,”he said. "We are always in the process of reviewing things that happen and trying to make ourselves better and more responsible to the people we work for."
    Last edited by 313WX; February-01-14 at 07:28 PM.

Maybe you should have done your homework...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1597775

The officer that cut the hair was later fired....
    Last edited by Gistok; February-01-14 at 08:14 PM.

A city that is so backwoods, that the officer is instantly fired [[as the officer should have been). 313wx must not like to investigate things. A cop does something like this, the department suspends and fires the officer. What more do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    The officer that cut the hair was later fired....
    Good. The officers who assisted her and whoever was overseeing the police station should also be fired [[because someone above her had to authorize that). But the fact that they only fired her after the media caught wind of it and didn't fire any of the other officers speaks the most volume.

I actually did read the story.

First off, it's quite silly to any normal thinking person to assume someone who was arrested for simply trashing a motel room would want to commit suicide. It's one thing for someone who will be getting a life sentence to maybe attempt a suicide. However, it's entirely different for someone who will get maybe a few years in state prison at the most. Tons of people with weaves are arrested and I never heard of that bullcrap. If she were bald, I guess they would have pulled out her teeth because it may have chewed her way out of the bars.

Second, police officers are not a judge or jury. They had no right to take the initiative and cut off her weave until she had a fair trial and a arbitrator ordered the officers to do so. The really sad part about it all is that the charges against her were dropped at the end of the day, but it doesn't change the fact that her dignity will be effectively tarnished as a result of their barbaric actions [[would you want someone to restrain you to a chair and cut off your hair involuntarily? That's arguably torture).

Third, that didn't even seem like a whole lot of weave. How can one possibly commit suicide with it. I guess once she painfully ripped it out of her scalp, she could have stuffed it down her throat. But how likely would it have been for her or anyone to go through all of that?

Fourth, back to the other officers, the fact that all of them stood around and helped the officer restrain this woman while carrying on as if the entire situation was completely normal suggests to me this procedure is typical in Warrentucky, which it doesn't surprise at all given all the eccentricities about that swamp woods.

Five, I'm pretty sure the real reason they did what they did was simply to spite the woman because she was talking all sorts of shit to them. To them, not only was she a suspect disrupting life for others in the "safe and clean" city of Warrentucky, but she was also a black DETROITER who, as far as they concerned, was on the wrong side of 8 Mile. They also used the ritual as a message to all other black Detroiters that we're not going to tolerate "your ways" in Warrentucky.

But I hope the woman sues them right into bankruptcy court just like Detroit, if not for what was probably racial discrimination, but for violating her constitutional rights as a US citizens.
    Last edited by 313WX; February-01-14 at 09:02 PM.

GUSHI Guest

You sound pretty racist with the term Warrentucky, not all people in Warren should be grouped together. I don't live in Warren but I find you offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    You sound pretty racist with the term Warrentucky, not all people in Warren should be grouped together. I don't live in Warren but I find you offensive.
    Sorry if you find it offensive.

But seeing this incident on top of the other crap that has come out of that place, I don't have a very positive opinion of the place.

I'm sure the feeling is mutual towards Detroit though by majority of people in that town.

GUSHI Guest

As of 2010 13.5% percent is African American, Personally I don't care for the Warren police department, had issue you with them when 'i was younger, Just can't loop the entire city one way, The Same goes for people who bash the D.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Even more reason for me to make a conscious effort to boycott places in that hillbilly backwater.
    Since the Detroit PD is under DOJ oversight for, amongst other things, rampant brutality and civil rights violations, I assume you are also boycotting Detroit? I'd hate to think that you have a double standard in this regard...

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Since the Detroit PD is under DOJ oversight for, amongst other things, rampant brutality and civil rights violations, I assume you are also boycotting Detroit? I'd hate to think that you have a double standard in this regard...
    Police brutality is wrong period.

However, I've never heard of a suburban woman having her hair forcibly cut off by Detroit Police officers because she MIGHT commit suicide with it.

Funny thing is, I bet every suburban resident would be up in arms about Detroit as well if someone like that did happened.

Touchė. Couldn't have said it better myself.

However, I've never heard of a suburban woman having her hair forcibly cut off by Detroit Police officers because she MIGHT commit suicide with it.

Funny thing is, I bet every suburban resident would be up in arms about Detroit as well if someone like that did happened.
    So because I can't cite an example of a DPD officer cutting a suburban woman's hair, it somehow justifies your double standard?

Nice to know that the cutting of hair is where you draw the line. There are documented cases of DPD officers engaging in sexual assault, unlawful killings, stealing from citizens, beating people up, unlawfully imprisoning people, and other heinous acts but at least they didn't cut a suburban woman's hair!

If you're going to slander and boycott an entire city based on one case of police brutality, then at least be consistent. Or at least admit you have a double standard. Remember three years ago when a DPD officer shot a 7-year old girl in the head? But hey, shit happens, at least he didn't cut someone's hair!

Remember three years ago when a DPD officer shot a 7-year old girl in the head?
    Well first, a trial is still ongoing against the officer as well as the Detroit Police Department for the death of Aiyana Stanley-Jones. Where is the trial for the incident in the OP?

Second, while he may have had a gun in his hands prepared to shoot, not only do I believe he WASN'T authorized to shoot by his superiors [[unlike the officers in the OP), but apparently his gun was fired by accident and I'm quite sure he wasn't intentionally trying to shoot and kill an innocent 7 year old [[not that it relieves them of his responsiblity for her death), whereas the officers in the OP INTENTIONALLY did what they did.

All of that said, I'm not sure what your point in bringing up stuff that happens within the Detroit Police Department. You can't possibly diminish or normalize the sick actions in the OP.

Sorry if you find it offensive.

But seeing this incident on top of the other crap that has come out of that place, I don't have a very positive opinion of the place.

I'm sure the feeling is mutual towards Detroit though by majority of people in that town.
    You will never turn things around for the city if you antagonize everyone else.

Well first, a trial is still ongoing against the officer as well as the Detroit Police Department for the death of Aiyana Stanley-Jones. Where is the trial for the incident in the OP?

Second, while he may have had a gun in his hands prepared to shoot, not only do I believe he WASN'T authorized to shoot by his superiors [[unlike the officers in the OP), but apparently his gun was fired by accident and I'm quite sure he wasn't intentionally trying to shoot and kill an innocent 7 year old [[not that it relieves them of his responsiblity for her death), whereas the officers in the OP INTENTIONALLY did what they did.

All of that said, I'm not sure what your point in bringing up stuff that happens within the Detroit Police Department. You can't possibly diminish or normalize the sick actions in the OP.
    He said the Mother or Grandmother [[don't remember which) grabbed the barrel of his gun when he pulled the trigger. Didn't make a lot sense to me but it must have resonated pretty well with the jury to get a mistrial.

The best thing you can do is leave this thread and just let it die. You've made a total fool out of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    The best thing you can do is leave this thread and just let it die. You've made a total fool out of yourself.
    Sorry if you didn't find anything I said in good taste.

You're more than welcome to not read and post in the thread if you want it to die.

Second, while he may have had a gun in his hands prepared to shoot, not only do I believe he WASN'T authorized to shoot by his superiors [[unlike the officers in the OP),
    And you have PROOF that the officer in the video was authorized by their superiors to cut that woman's hair? Of course you don't, you're just making wild assumptions. Just like you did when you said that it was race-based.

And you have PROOF that the officer in the video was authorized by their superiors to cut that woman's hair?
    There were several other officers in that video, and NONE of them tried to stop her [[in fact, they assisted her).

It appears that women was doing all sorts of kicking and screaming [[I would too if someone tied me down then cut off my hair invountarily). So are trying to tell me that no else heard her throughout that police station?

The video is shocking. Three grown men, & cops to boot, tie down a 23 year old girl @ least half their size, while a 4th female cop, again twice the size of the 23 year old, cuts off the girl's hair? Didn't the Nazi's do that to Jewish women in the 2nd World War? All 4 of those cops should have been fired, no severance, medical, or bennies . Where the hell are we living? What a disgrace.

QUOTE=Honky Tonk;420508]The video is shocking. Three grown men, & cops to boot, tie down a 23 year old girl @ least half their size, while a 4th female cop, again twice the size of the 23 year old, cuts off the girl's hair? Didn't the Nazi's do that to Jewish women in the 2nd World War? All 4 of those cops should have been fired, no severance, medical, or bennies . Where the hell are we living? What a disgrace.[/QUOTE]

No... they cut off her HAIR WEAVE...

GUSHI Guest

Is the city of Warren gonna recoup her for a new weave.

Where's Mayor Fouts when you need him? Oh..that's right, he was probably hanging out with his 23 year old girlfriend.

There were several other officers in that video, and NONE of them tried to stop her [[in fact, they assisted her).

It appears that women was doing all sorts of kicking and screaming [[I would too if someone tied me down then cut off my hair invountarily). So are trying to tell me that no else heard her throughout that police station?

Chandra, I'm sure, had absolutely no part at all in creating a commotion that drew attention to herself and placed her in such an adverse situation.

So are trying to tell me that no else heard her throughout that police station?

I've got this feeling that everybody in that station heard Chandra the moment she made her entrance at the Copshop.
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; February-02-14 at 06:45 AM.

QUOTE=Honky Tonk;420508]The video is shocking. Three grown men, & cops to boot, tie down a 23 year old girl @ least half their size, while a 4th female cop, again twice the size of the 23 year old, cuts off the girl's hair? Didn't the Nazi's do that to Jewish women in the 2nd World War? All 4 of those cops should have been fired, no severance, medical, or bennies . Where the hell are we living? What a disgrace.
    No... they cut off her HAIR WEAVE...
    Oh, her HAIR WEAVE, I'm sorry. That makes it Ok then, I guess. Carry-on. Booooooooo 313WX, YAY, Warren Nazi-Cops!
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; February-02-14 at 06:49 AM.

City of Warren is a bad rep like Livonia to mistreat and abuse black folks coming in the out of their all white neighborhoods. I feel sorry for the black lady that she lost the hair to Warren Police. Treated her like some old fashioned Klan lynching. It's seems to me that is open season for 'Negroes' in Warren.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast