Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit Millennial City

I couldn't agree more, I myself am a Millennial and I moved here when I was 19 and am now 20 and I am about to buy my first house which I could have never done in my home town[[ not Michigan). I've been saying Detroit is the place to be for young people. Any thoughts on the article. http://features.blogs.fortune.cnn.co...-new-brooklyn/

Three words make me extremely suspect:

By Andres Duany

He is a one trick pony.

But it's a pretty good trick!

I have to think that ultimately places like Detroit will truly come back because the "thriving" areas will simply price themselves into stagnation. It's just crazy that my 1800 square foot San Francisco condo is worth more than any Palmer Woods house. One of these days, people in SF or NY might actually realize how absurd this is.

A question for YoungInDetroit: where are you from and where are you thinking of buying?
    Last edited by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast; January-30-14 at 10:07 PM.

Hi Detroiteronthewestcoast I'm originally from Denver and I was thinking if buying in the SW portion of 7 Mile and Livernois. Ithink eventually the talent, intelligence, and creativity will over flow in other cities and once [[smart) people realize the enormous opportunity in Detroit it will flourish again especially combined will Snyders immigration push for educated immigrant. And like you said apartments in SF it NY go for magnitudes mire than mansions in Detroit once real estate investors here about this they'll go bananas. I've often found it funny how little people know about Detroit outside of Michigan. People don't hear about our mansions our art our contributions to Americas rich history. I think once people really start taking a good look at Detroit they will be surprised at its rugged beauty and enormous opportunity for a brighter better future.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Three words make me extremely suspect:

By Andres Duany

He is a one trick pony.
    Wow. A potentially interesting topic turned into a darting article about how the elimination of beaurocracy cures everything. Yeah. Like.... in....New York?