Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

he is so insufferably smug I can't wait to see him go. Now if they could dump Harlan, Scillian and Smilovitz I would tune in

Carman is so pretty but I am sick of the garbage bags she wears and the lack of makeup and fried and frizzy gray hair. She insists on looking awful and frumpy each day.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    he is so insufferably smug I can't wait to see him go. Now if they could dump Harlan, Scillian and Smilovitz I would tune in
    Apparently that's not stopping most of Detroit metro from watching.

What did they ever do to you?

curious. I didn't know Mr. Gaidica was involved in ministry. kudos on his new endeavors. Congratulations to Ben Bailey, I guess, but-- hasn't Andrew Humphrey been in the mix at WDIV for several years now? Bailey gets to resign/contract not renewed/whatever from WJBK and now he's the top meteorologist at the rival station? Again, curious.

Quote Originally Posted by astongraham View Post
    Carman is so pretty but I am sick of the garbage bags she wears and the lack of makeup and fried and frizzy gray hair. She insists on looking awful and frumpy each day.
    Would you say the same thing about an older man on TV?

She's a woman of a certain age. Maybe she doesn't feel she needs to look "hot" to do her television work.

She actually lives in Detroit, and from what I understand, is a big advocate for better access to education in the city. I can't really find any fault with her.

Glad to see Ben Bailey is coming back. The rest of them are what I call Chuckleheads, broadly smiling while keeping us abreast of the latest body count.

Gaidica, Scillian, Harlan, and Bernie are hands down the best news team in Detroit at the moment. They have the best on-screen working relationship. I've never thought of Gaidica as smug; he always seems thorough in his reporting and really connects with the audience. I'm sad to see Chuck go, but times change.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Gaidica, Scillian, Harlan, and Bernie are hands down the best news team in Detroit at the moment. They have the best on-screen working relationship. I've never thought of Gaidica as smug; he always seems thorough in his reporting and really connects with the audience. I'm sad to see Chuck go, but times change.
    I echo this statement.

They ad nothing to the stories they cover, ask reporters lame, unchallenging questions and, as stated elsewhere, seem to chuckle at something in virtually every story. to me, they ooze with insincerity. I don't care about their "on-screen chemistry." I'll take Huel Perkins' intellect over the WDIV clowns any day of the week. WDIV is successful because they appeal to the dreaded Lowest Common Denominator.

Huel Perkins intellect? What a joke.

Always liked Chuck G. and the News 4 team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Van View Post
    Huel Perkins intellect? What a joke.

Always liked Chuck G. and the News 4 team.
    the man asks insightful questions, unlike any of the WDIV team

He's being replaced with Ben Bailey, formerly of WJBK.

So you don't like them. So what. Watch another broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Would you say the same thing about an older man on TV?

She's a woman of a certain age. Maybe she doesn't feel she needs to look "hot" to do her television work.

She actually lives in Detroit, and from what I understand, is a big advocate for better access to education in the city. I can't really find any fault with her.
    Yes I would actually, would not hesitate for one moment what so ever. Stop with the suggestion that I am being a sexiest pig. I am well aware of what she does in the city and I did not comment on that, so that is not what my statement is about. I am referring to the fact her hairs looks dry all the time and her outfits at times look like nothing more than I'll fitted shiny glad trash bags. When you are viewing a person such as her on an HD television, she and her stylist need to be more concerned about things that look horrible on TV, much like Chucks stripped ties that make you naucious as you watch the strips dance around the TV. You don't wear stripped ties on TV.

although i do like carman, i've had enough of her occassional "whispering" tone. as for chuck, my family sat next to his at the pancake house about 10 years ago. could not have been more smug..totally different than his t.v. personality.

Ross Jones, in the short time he has been an investigative journalist for WXYZ-TV, has broken more stories than anyone at WDIV. Scott Lewis, at WJBK and WXYZ, was essential in exposing the corruption of the Fitzpatrick administration and the City Council leading to the resignation and/or conviction of several members. Fox2News has hired the journalist, ML Elrick, who wrote the stories that led to Kwame's conviction. Who can you name at WDIV that approaches these journalists accomplishments?

I'm sorry to see Chuck Gaidca leave the air. I've enjoyed his work over the years.
    While I liked Ben Bailey[[and happy to hear he's going to be on air again)I'm a bit disappointed&surprised Andrew Humphrey wasn't promoted to chief meteorologist.

Chuck is genuinely good person, I wish him well.

They ad nothing to the stories they cover, ask reporters lame, unchallenging questions and, as stated elsewhere, seem to chuckle at something in virtually every story. to me, they ooze with insincerity. I don't care about their "on-screen chemistry." I'll take Huel Perkins' intellect over the WDIV clowns any day of the week. WDIV is successful because they appeal to the dreaded Lowest Common Denominator.
    Oh yes, Huel Perkins is the Charlie Rose of Detroit, Oh brother...That's a very nice way to call those of us who watch Channel 4, "simple, minded provincials". As if FOX 2 doesn't play to that! I would watch Channel 7, but their team doesn't seem to work cohesively since most of them are new. Any station that hires Jay Towers is not a reputable station, in my opinion, FOX 2 having intellect, Give me a break!
    Last edited by dtowncitylover; January-30-14 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by astongraham View Post
    Yes I would actually, would not hesitate for one moment what so ever. Stop with the suggestion that I am being a sexiest pig. I am well aware of what she does in the city and I did not comment on that, so that is not what my statement is about. I am referring to the fact her hairs looks dry all the time and her outfits at times look like nothing more than I'll fitted shiny glad trash bags. When you are viewing a person such as her on an HD television, she and her stylist need to be more concerned about things that look horrible on TV, much like Chucks stripped ties that make you naucious as you watch the strips dance around the TV. You don't wear stripped ties on TV.
    hehehe.... maybe you should watch the news from a cheaper TV ?

Thanks a lot Rb336...

I think I just throwed up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    curious. I didn't know Mr. Gaidica was involved in ministry. kudos on his new endeavors. Congratulations to Ben Bailey, I guess, but-- hasn't Andrew Humphrey been in the mix at WDIV for several years now? Bailey gets to resign/contract not renewed/whatever from WJBK and now he's the top meteorologist at the rival station? Again, curious.
    '

From what I remember hearing, Andrew Humphrey wanted to take a step back and only do weekends to focus on his other endeavors [[remember, he was doing Mornings until he switched with Brandon Roux).

Agreed. Certainly beats the B-Team at WJBK any day.

[[love Huel Perkins, but can do without the rest).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast