Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default 187 E. Elizabeth St. Detroit

Doing my ancestry, I found this address. Turns out my grandmother Agnes Lebeau lived there. My mother Louise was brought home from Florence Crittenton Hospital in 1917. I was going to post to Hall of Fame Detroit, but I couldn't do it. I guess it is private. So here I am. Sorry if this doesn't meet requirements. I live in California, miss the Michigan.
    Hope to hear from someone soon.
    Regards Elizabeth

All of us have connections and memories of the fabulous Detroit that once was. Now in the great diaspora that was Detroit, we see it mouldering under the dark clouds of Mordor.

If there was ever a saying I've held more than true its "Its always darkest before the Dawn" Detroit will prosper and the caldron to vitality has almost all the ingredients to a prospering future Detroit.

I don't know exactly what it is you are looking for, but here is a link you may be interested in. It's an old thread on this site.
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...-in-the-1880-s

Do you know if the address was from before 1921 or after? Detroit streets were renumbered in the early '20s. Using the newer address, Google maps puts it somewhere in right field of Comerica Park; the older address puts it around the 50 yard line of Ford Field!

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    Do you know if the address was from before 1921 or after? Detroit streets were renumbered in the early '20s. Using the newer address, Google maps puts it somewhere in right field of Comerica Park; the older address puts it around the 50 yard line of Ford Field!
    She says her mother was brought home to that address in 1917, so I guess that would put it before 1921

Greetings,

You will see from that thread that it is my great-great-great grandfather and his family who lived at 187 Elizabeth [[later 564 Elizabeth) back when it was constructed around 1880-1885. The thread participants were so good to help me find pictures of the structure and to learn more about its wonderful history. Sadly, the home was demoed before I even knew it existed, probably sometime in the 1990s.

If 187 E. Elizabeth was the address in 1917, as appears to be the case, then that was the address of the Florence Crittenton Home.