Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Warren Mayor Outed in Hidden Camera Video

Quirky Warren Mayor Jim Fouts has been outed in a hidden camera video.

His young secretary has received many raises the last few years as city employees have had the burden of pay freezes and benefit cuts. Rumors filled the Warrenforum.net message board about a romantic relationship between the 71 year old mayor and his 25 year old secretary.

An apparently disgruntled Warren employee hired a private investigator to follow Mayor Fouts to Chicago, where he filmed evidence of a romantic relationship between the pair on a hidden camera.

Here's the video:

Other interesting facts, Mayor Fouts' right hand man and high-paid employee Gus Ghanem has a PAC. This PAC in the past has hired private investigators to get dirt on Fouts' political foes in addition to cranking out pro-Fouts campaign literature. Many folks recognize the PAC as an extension of Fouts.

This video was revealed to Warren political junkies on this website: http://warrenforum.net/index.php?topic=3191.0

Motor City Muckracker has picked up on the story, and I would not be surprised if some channels and the Freep pick up on it too.

http://motorcitymuckraker.com/2014/0...ung-secretary/
    Last edited by Scottathew; January-24-14 at 09:54 AM.

I can't stand that man either.

Ideally, THIS and LBP's comments in the New Yorker will be enough to get both of them out of office ASAP.

Granted, I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I can't stand that man either.

Ideally, THIS and LBP's comments in the New Yorker will be enough to get both of them out of office ASAP.

Granted, I'm not holding my breath.
    I hate to break it to you, but Fouts won the last election with 80% of the vote. Senior citizens love him. If his name is on the ballot in Warren, he'll win. Not that I wish death on him, but he could die and STILL win an election. The man is simply invincible.

Warren has a long standing history of mayoral administrations using all the powers of office to their advantage.

If this wasn't common knowledge I'm pretty shocked. I've seen Fouts and and a younger woman at the Hill in GP more than once. Fouts with his Cosmo Kramer hair and cheap suits is pretty hard to miss.

I've always been a supporter of him because he does get things done in the City of Warren. He is a mayor who returns phone calls from residents and he is concerned about problems we have. If he is having a relationship with his secretary, I don't have a problem with that; however, if he is giving her preferential treatment like raises and time off, etc., then he's wrong.

I may may be mistaken, but I understand that Warren has a "no dating" clause in their work manual so if it applies to all employees then Fouts is guilty.

Unless he is just giving her raises and cutting others pay checks, I don't want to see him leave office...I think he's a good mayor. He certainly has shown some major faults but not enough [[IMO) to be recalled or thrown out.

Is he married?

I thought that Democrats learned back in 1987 that "too much Rice is bad for your Hart".

Let this had been a City of Detroit issue....

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    I've always been a supporter of him because he does get things done in the City of Warren. He is a mayor who returns phone calls from residents and he is concerned about problems we have. If he is having a relationship with his secretary, I don't have a problem with that; however, if he is giving her preferential treatment like raises and time off, etc., then he's wrong.

I may may be mistaken, but I understand that Warren has a "no dating" clause in their work manual so if it applies to all employees then Fouts is guilty.

Unless he is just giving her raises and cutting others pay checks, I don't want to see him leave office...I think he's a good mayor. He certainly has shown some major faults but not enough [[IMO) to be recalled or thrown out.
    You're certainly correct, he's very good at returning resident phone calls. However, he's gone back on a lot of compaign promises and past rhetoric.

He's got his political cronies as city employees. He doesn't attend council meetings. He lied about his age on affidavits of identity. He uses his office to enrich himself and keep himself in office.

Also, Fouts did nothing about the city's financial issue until it reached critical mass and then told the voters to either raise their taxes or say goodbye to the core services [[police, fire).

He does have some good aspects, but to me they're greatly outweighed by the negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    Is he married?
    No, Mayor Fouts is not married.

http://www.macombdaily.com/governmen...e-to-assistant

“To accuse me of giving a raise to any city employee because of a trip we took smacks of dirty politics and personal political mud-slinging at its lowest,” [Fouts] said.
    Fouts is funny. How many mayors go walking down Michigan Avenue holding hands with their employees?

He's taking the hard denial on this and hoping that people don't watch the video.

He didn't deny he was with her; he's not married and I assume she isn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    He didn't deny he was with her; he's not married and I assume she isn't either.
    They're not married. The issue here isn't the age difference. The issue is a city employee that keeps getting raises while everyone else isn't, and she happens to be dating the Mayor.

If she doesn't work for the city and get raises, there's no story here.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    Let this had been a City of Detroit issue....
    Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    They're not married. The issue here isn't the age difference. The issue is a city employee that keeps getting raises while everyone else isn't, and she happens to be dating the Mayor.
    A WAC got the Croix de Guerre, parlez vous
    A WAC got the Croix de Guerre, parlez vous
    A WAC got the Croix de Guerre,
    For service under the general there
    Hinky dinky, parlez vous

This is not the least bit surprising. When voters are willfully blind, they get outrageous behavior from public officials. As a rule of thumb: when one person or party consistently get more than 2/3 of the vote, they are essentially free to act as they please. Fouts' behavior is the type of "legal corruption" that exists in municipalities all over the place. It is not similar to the L Brooks situation at all, other than the fact we dislike them both. L. Brooks is a jerk. Fouts is operating as Mayor for his own personal benefit. That's corruption.

Least he could have done was open the cab door for her.

In the beginning of the video it all seems up to par,until he bought her something at Apple then it was all luvy duvy.

A trip to Apple will do that every time........ big ticket even for an ac adapter!

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    If she doesn't work for the city and get raises, there's no story here.
    Precisely.

Would your prefer Jim Fouts, BLP or Cushionberry decide how to spend your tax money?

Seriously who cares. Who gives a shit if the secretary got raises. Honestly, people in this country are a bunch of morons. We have blown TRILLIONS on Iraq and ASSghanistan and you guys have your panties in a wad over the mayor of Warren going out with a secretary and giving her raise. Seriously, get a freaking life.

^^^ I think more than a handful can manage concern for various things in a given day, broad and specific, local and national.

And here locally we've seen what a little of 'this and that' favors led to under the Kilpatrick admin... but alas this will probably not go that far.

So eh, well ok, who cares.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-24-14 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    This is not the least bit surprising. When voters are willfully blind, they get outrageous behavior from public officials. As a rule of thumb: when one person or party consistently get more than 2/3 of the vote, they are essentially free to act as they please. Fouts' behavior is the type of "legal corruption" that exists in municipalities all over the place. It is not similar to the L Brooks situation at all, other than the fact we dislike them both. L. Brooks is a jerk. Fouts is operating as Mayor for his own personal benefit. That's corruption.
    Cheney profits off of dead kids being blown up in the name of freedom and people turn a blind eye. Everyone marches to the beat of the corporate war machine but god forbid he goes out to dinner in Chicago with a secretary and then the world is going to end.

Especially disturbing as this is being allowed under the edict of 'change' from the position of 'peace' relative to the current administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Cheney profits off of dead kids being blown up in the name of freedom and people turn a blind eye. Everyone marches to the beat of the corporate war machine but god forbid he goes out to dinner in Chicago with a secretary and then the world is going to end.

Can I have another option?

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    Would your prefer Jim Fouts, BLP or Cushionberry decide how to spend your tax money?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast