Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Baker's Keyboard Lounge Opening a new location in Downtown Detroit

http://www.dbusiness.com/daily-news/...aXF6E.facebook

Somewhere either along Woodward Ave or in Capitol Park... Will be in one of Gilberts buildings

The building on Grand River and Griswold would be a nice spot

So would Bleu [[Former Tele-Arts) on Woodward. It's a small theatre to begin with... they could put a kitchen in the basement.

The building on Woodward and John R. Is a great fit, once was several clubs.

So looking at bedrocks portfolio..

http://bedrockmgt.com/properties/

I think 1550 woodward would be a cool choice.. i mean it's only a 1 story building for one commercial tenant.. but it's got the rooftop which during spring - fall would be a pretty awesome hangout

Also i think Bleu is still open.. although I've never been i don't really want to shut down one bar/club to open another one... i'd like to see woodward have multiple destinations for entertainment

ok just realized it's right next door to bleu.. that could be a nice little set-up.. pretty different crowds but nice to have some spots around one place then grow out from there

Opps... that's right Bleu opened back up on 2010... but boy talk about some bad reviews!!

^^^ Yeah a teen was shot during a melee there a few years back. I drove by there on night and saw young women running out-of-there-shoes to get out of there from some bar fight. Ugh...
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-23-14 at 05:59 AM.

Maybe Bakers could take over the Thai resturant on lower Woodward next to the First National Building. A club was once there back in 2006 during the Superbowl

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ Yeah a teen was shot during a melee there a few years back. I drove by there on night and saw young women running out-of-there-shoes to get out of there from some bar fight. Ugh...
    The crowd there is not what I would call desirable. And it isn't thugs, its kids from outside of the city.

This news excites me! I need to stop by Bakers sometime soon. Sounds like a fabulous time.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Maybe Bakers could take over the Thai resturant on lower Woodward next to the First National Building. A club was once there back in 2006 during the Superbowl
    Bangkok Crossing, to my knowledge, is still open. But I think you're referring to the space beyond their northern wall, the former KaCent Restaurant/Club, and I would agree that would be a great location.

Bangkok Crossing coyld be relocated and Bakers could take up both spaces

I never understand your logic, stasu. You complain about how hard it is for businesses to get started in the city, and then you want to uproot a thriving restaurant to make way for another? Relocating a business is almost as difficult as starting over. That old KaCent space is plenty big for Baker's. Heaven knows there's been a steady procession of clubs in that spot over the last decade.

Quite a change from the repeated lurches toward bankruptcy and closure and complaints about a lack of audience. I guess I just wonder if this really a "second" location or is it the first steps in a move. IIRC a main complaint was the current space was too small to get a crowd large enough to make any money.

And if complaints about how hard it was to get an audience at all were true, is competing against yourself a good plan?

Another great spot would be the spot in the David Scott building where Lacave was going to open. That would be bordering Grand Circus Park

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Another great spot would be the spot in the David Scott building where Lacave was going to open. That would be bordering Grand Circus Park
    I bet you were thinking Capitol Park...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I bet you were thinking Capitol Park...
    No he's thinking Broderick Tower

Broderick Tower where Flaming Embers werr

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Quite a change from the repeated lurches toward bankruptcy and closure and complaints about a lack of audience. I guess I just wonder if this really a "second" location or is it the first steps in a move. IIRC a main complaint was the current space was too small to get a crowd large enough to make any money.

And if complaints about how hard it was to get an audience at all were true, is competing against yourself a good plan?
    Yep, my first thought. Bakers works because of where it is. You can't replicate that. Der Rathskeller would be a similar institution.