Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Widow sues Cushingberry for mishandling her inheritance, husband's classic cars

I know that this guy isn't as exciting as L. Brooks... but I'm posting this anyway.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/24...s-classic-cars

They can't possibly let this clown remain on the council, can they? As far as "L" goes, an opininated, racist ass-clown, he may be, but OC seems to be pretty functional, IMO.

Geez, I'm with HT, this can't be tolerated.

Total scum. I hope he's forced to resign.

I've seen Mr. & Mrs. Hudson at local car shows with that Oakland. It's really a beautiful vehicle. Sad to hear about what happened to him, and the car.

Cushingberry seems like a much worse version of Charles Pugh in many ways, and really needs to go. But is there any procedure for getting rid of district council members under the new setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    They can't possibly let this clown remain on the council, can they? As far as "L" goes, an opininated, racist ass-clown, he may be, but OC seems to be pretty functional, IMO.
    Ha, I want you to ask the residents of Royal Oak Township or Pontiac how functional they feel their county is There are other areas that are getting by, aren't great but are fine... but those two in particular, they are two pieces of work.

Quote Originally Posted by motz View Post
    Ha, I want you to ask the residents of Royal Oak Township or Pontiac how functional they feel their county is There are other areas that are getting by, aren't great but are fine... but those two in particular, they are two pieces of work.
    Pontiac has seen success in their fight against crime since contracting out with Oakland County Sheriff.

Royal Oak Township is simply too small to be a functional government. It needs to be annexed.

Oakland County has a sound, efficient, and effective county government. In fact, violent crime rates are much lower than in Detroit, Flint, and Saginaw. [[http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gener...ing-with-video)

While Royal Oak Township has its issues, violent crime is just above the national average, murder is below the national average, but other crimes like vehicle theft and robbery remain rather high. Royal Oak Township is also served by Ferndale Public Schools, which is a pretty solid school district that is very diverse and even noted for being accepting of folks that are homosexual.

Oakland County is also home to Southfield, which is a very nice place and home to many middle class black families.

Wayne County needs to get rid of Ficano and Napoleon ASAP. Ficano is an incompetent crook, and Napoleon is all about race-baiting and the status quo.

I hope that in 10-20 years from now Detroit can be a model for Pontiac to follow.

Default can anyone answer this question?

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    ...is there any procedure for getting rid of district council members under the new setup?
    Lots of Dyes folks with lots of ideas on this board... any feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic01 View Post
    Lots of Dyes folks with lots of ideas on this board... any feedback?
    Recall him but State law states that can't happen until 6 months after he started his term. So July 2, 2014 is when the recall language could be approved. Just need to get enough motivated people in the district to do that, I don't see that actually happening though. Recalls are very difficult, and don't see there being a strong enough organization [[money, man power, and community disgust) to pull it off.

I knew Larry Hudson and I worked on one of those cars, the 1926 Oakland, which he loved. The other car was a Cadillac, I believe a Coupe de Ville, maybe 1972, it belonged to his dad and Larry kept it looking like new. How sad that this vermin absconded with them. Sad as well that his daughter, [[as well as his wife), should be cheated this way.

Rest in peace Larry.