Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Truck trashes Tom's Tavern

http://blogs.metrotimes.com/eat/truc...s-toms-tavern/

I've been all around the world but no place is - was - like Tom's Tavern. It was like drinking in your grandpa's basement, if his basement was a shack on 7 Mile. I had deployment parties there and many nights I don't remember. Truly a relic from a bygone era, today's BWW's can never be a true neighborhood bar.

Sadly, Detroit's lawless reputation is all-too-often reality. Tom's has taken a big hit. If you don't already know about Tom's, it's too cool for you, go on the Art Van house thread and try to convince people that it's a nice house.

Tom's was a great alternative to escape the human misery of the Oakland County bar scene [[that's for you, Brooks), but sadly Detroit has enough misery of its own.

I propose all of you good Americans do your civic duty and go there on February 1st and every day thereafter and spend money there so they can prop that dilapidated shack back up.

Poobert out.

That's truly tragic. It seems to me that you'd have to be a very desperate theif to expect to get much of anything out of ol' Tom's

I too urge everyone to go!

I'll be there! I'm so tired of the fucking animas in this city. I'm even more amazed that this brazen act didn't get police attention!! Ughhh!!!

Stromberg2

Damn, damn and damn it all. Ron didn't need this. Tom's didn't need this. The building is tough. Ron is tough. But this kind of crap really wears a fellow down.

He is gonna need some help getting the place up and running.

Who's in?

http://blogs.metrotimes.com/eat/truc...s-toms-tavern/

the other link didn't work for me, so try this

It's places like this which make me sometimes wish I hadn't quit drinking! Looks like a neat place.