Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default St Christopher House

Hello
    I am a librarian and writer from Europe.

I wonder if you can confirm that this photo is from inside Gray Library in 1117 Field Avenue:
    www.marchandmeffre.com/detroit/20.jpg
    I ask because people call it St. Christopher house at the Internet.

I hope you can help, I need to confirm this for an article.
    [[This is absolutely my last question here)
    Regards, and thanks in advance
    Aud Gjersdal

These two sites confirm the address of St. Christopher House as 1117 Field Avenue:
    http://www.nonprofitlist.org/cgi-bin...onprofit=52546
    http://www.nonprofitfacts.com//MI/St...her-House.html

It appears to me to be the same area of the interior as in the fifth photo posted by p69rrh51 in post #3 in your other thread.

I think we like answering questions here - no need to limit yourself.

Aud's picture sure looks like the Gray Library. I can see the fireplace, which was pretty distinctive.

I believe the St. Christopher House name was briefly used by the nearby Church of the Messiah when they were considering trying to reuse the building.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; January-21-14 at 11:33 AM.

Thank you very much. This forum is a nice place to be. I will share my essay with you when/if published. But it is written in Norwegian....

If you, some day, need information from Norway, you can contact me, and I will try to help you back.
    Aud
    aud.gjersdal@gmail.com