Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Dequindre Cut

Default Dequindre Cut

I had noticed that work on the extension of the Dequindre Cut had ceased since last November. Last fall work on the extension of the Cut was moving at a rapid pace and then the project was halted. I had tried going on the website but the site is not updated.

Did the bankruptcy ruling stop the work being done on the Cut for now?

Does anyone know why work on the extension was stopped?

It's winter, Most outdoor construction projects stop in winter.

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    It's winter, Most outdoor construction projects stop in winter.
    Yes, I remember reading that work would resume in the spring, with completion set for the following spring, I think.

have you checked out the bridge re-construcion on Winder or Adelaide or Division. Bridges are Closed because they are Building the CUT to MACK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    could not open it planner. Is there another way you could post it?

Very nice detailed plan. It will be nice to be able to easily go from the River walk area to Eastern Market and eventually Hamtramack.

Quote Originally Posted by brougham View Post
    Very nice detailed plan. It will be nice to be able to easily go from the River walk area to Eastern Market and eventually Hamtramack.
    It will be wonderful when completed. I hope one day that the River Walk passes the bridge and goes all the way to Fort Wayne. Can't wait to break the bike out in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    It will be wonderful when completed. I hope one day that the River Walk passes the bridge and goes all the way to Fort Wayne. Can't wait to break the bike out in the spring.

Why would anyone want to take a River Walk all the way to Indiana?

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Not sure why you would have an issue. It works great here at my work computer [[posted this last night on home). You might want to go to the Eastern Market Page and search for it? It is known as Link Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Why would anyone want to take a River Walk all the way to Indiana?
    Who doesn't want it expanded down to Toledo, then down the Maumee?

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I take it you don't have a PDF reader on your computer? You can download Adobe Reader for free on the internet...

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Who doesn't want it expanded down to Toledo, then down the Maumee?
    That would actually be really, really cool. There is a biking trail up near Charlevoix that links Charlevoix all the way to Petoskey. I am aiming to do that trek soon, once I am in better biking shape

Quote Originally Posted by motz View Post
    That would actually be really, really cool. There is a biking trail up near Charlevoix that links Charlevoix all the way to Petoskey. I am aiming to do that trek soon, once I am in better biking shape

Charlevoix ends @ Little Mack.

I went onto google maps and saw that the Maumee does indeed go all the way to South Bend. Yeah, it meanders quite a but before it gets there, but it basically follows Telegraph [[US-24) all the way there.

The Maumee doesn't go to South Bend. The river in South Bend is the St. Joseph. It flows Northwest into Lake Michigan. The Maumee only goes as far as Ft. Wayne.

Motz, I went for that ride last summer, very nice. Goes from Charlevoix to Petoskey and then on to Harbor Springs:

http://www.traillink.com/trail/littl...-wheelway.aspx

Quiet August day last summer at the Dequindre cut:

The Maumee doesn't go to South Bend. The river in South Bend is the St. Joseph. It flows Northwest into Lake Michigan. The Maumee only goes as far as Ft. Wayne.
    You're right I was half asleep!

So then the River Walk CAN be extended to Ft. Wayne!