Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Lafayette Park Stores

What stores are there?

Lafayette Foods, Lafayette Laundry, a Dolor store that is not really a dollar store. Why not stop by and see for yourself what is there. Your question seems to be for no reason other than to have those in the neighborhood tell you why to stop by. I could ask the same kind of question.." Oakland Mall...What stores are there?.

Amen Brother!

and the best Thai food in the city

Quote Originally Posted by Chinman View Post
    Lafayette Foods, Lafayette Laundry, a Dolor store that is not really a dollar store. Why not stop by and see for yourself what is there. Your question seems to be for no reason other than to have those in the neighborhood tell you why to stop by. I could ask the same kind of question.." Oakland Mall...What stores are there?.
    Geeze, why so snarky Chinman... [[and DP, you've been especially snarky in many of your posts as of late)... he just asked a question?? Since you don't know how far away he lives, or whether or not he might consider a move to the area, I think his questions are quite as valid as those who ask about a historic photo or some info from an historic phone directory or Sanford map. Would you likewise tell those others to go look it up themselves in the Burton Collection....

sorry, did not to seem snarky..but the question just seemed to inhibit that answer. I am all about helping folks learn and discover the D.

The way I look at it, if a person can navigate to and find this site, they should be able to find information about what stores there are in a given area. How hard is it to scan google maps, yelp, or just typing "Lafayette Park Detroit retailers" into the browser?

Quote Originally Posted by Chinman View Post
    sorry, did not to seem snarky..but the question just seemed to inhibit that answer. I am all about helping folks learn and discover the D.
    I always ask questions about the neighborhood that I am about to move into. It is very wise. It is easier to do that than to look up an outdated site that have the stores in Lafayette Park. Many people want a personal input to what is in the area from area residents instead of a website. It is true that the area has businesses. I feel that they are not the best of businesses for the area such as Dollar General, the slow to open Urban Soul, and Labor Ready. I dont buy my meats from Lafayette Foods. It is a Spartan Store and I would rather go to the eastern market or Kroger in Grosse Pointe. Dollar General has very poor management. I pass it by often when I see a line of 4 or more people and only one cashier. Does anyone know who had owned the strip mall before the Atisha family had purchased it?

Sorry again, but the only statement was 'What stores are there?' no mention of moving into the area. i live in the lafayette park area and hardly ever shop at the lafayette stores. it is not a go-to place all things. as a down-town resident, i shop all over for the things i need. that is the way it is in the 'D'.

Does anyone know of an electronics store in the nearby area that would be open today? I need a cable for my TV and the only place I can find is Radio Shack in Midtown [[which is super expensive).

Nope, sadly. Radio Shack is very expensive and sometimes I still go there as they have made a commitment to continue their stores in the city. If you want a deal hit I-75 to Microcenter, Troy MI or if you can wait hit eBay where many cables and what not are cents on a dollar relative to cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Nope, sadly. Radio Shack is very expensive and sometimes I still go there as they have made a commitment to continue their stores in the city. If you want a deal hit I-75 to Microcenter, Troy MI or if you can wait hit eBay where many cables and what not are cents on a dollar relative to cost.
    Hey Chinman... we all have our moments on the forum...

Zacha341... I know what you mean... even from SCS it's a long haul to the Microcenter store in Troy... but the prices cannot be beat!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Does anyone know of an electronics store in the nearby area that would be open today? I need a cable for my TV and the only place I can find is Radio Shack in Midtown [[which is super expensive).
    Try Staples on Jefferson and McDougall

what kind of cable for your TeeVee?