Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Conner Road Drive-By

I'm glad I was late heading out to pick up my honey from Metro...the intersection at Chandler Park and Conner was completely taped off, with at least four police cars closing the streets. I turned around and took Warren to French instead of getting caught up in the traffic jam.

Thought it was a horrible accident, so I looked it up when we got home.

Turns out there was a drive-by shooting on the exit ramp from I-94. Full Moon bullshit. Hope it wasn't random or road rage. I take this way too often.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/1...z/-/index.html

According to these commenters, it is all the President's fault.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/1-dead-...ing-in-detroit

Just about the shortest, most useless news item ever...still brings out the shills.

I noticed that. Perhaps it's Bushy's fault...

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I'm glad I was late heading out to pick up my honey from Metro...the intersection at Chandler Park and Conner was completely taped off, with at least four police cars closing the streets. I turned around and took Warren to French instead of getting caught up in the traffic jam.

Thought it was a horrible accident, so I looked it up when we got home.

Turns out there was a drive-by shooting on the exit ramp from I-94. Full Moon bullshit. Hope it wasn't random or road rage. I take this way too often.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/1...z/-/index.html
    Are you sure it wasn't just Joe Biden gone sledding @ Chandler Park while he was in town?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Are you sure it wasn't just Joe Biden gone sledding @ Chandler Park while he was in town?
    Secret Service clearing the path?

Dunno when they started using AK's...or driving old tan vans...

Secret Service clearing the path?

Dunno when they started using AK's...or driving old tan vans...

Around 5 p.m. yesterday evening, on the way home, every overpass on I-94 had some kind of cop car on it. [[Detroit, Dearborn, Homeland, Men In Black) I assumed it was for Biden's visit. Your links speak of a horrid tragedy. I guess elections are over, back to the SOS. Sorry about the smart-ass joke.

I'm with ya, I enjoyed the laugh. I was going with it...damn lack o' emoticons.

My gal said that we'd better not go that way anymore...so I asked her when she was going to buy me a helicopter. But even THAT wouldn't be totally safe.

She got my point. I refuse to change my behavior from fear. And I'll be damned if I ever join the parade of fear down Jefferson or I-94 during rush hours! We only caught it during the snow because those roads were slightly clearer.

Biden got some Italian food...good for Roma Cafe! I'll have to drop in to see if my favorite bartender there passed the SS vetting, LOL!
    Last edited by Gannon; January-16-14 at 10:39 AM.

I'm merely hoping the 'tragedy' was gang-related, not random or road-rage.

The police are apparently not yielding information on this yet.

Around 5 p.m. yesterday evening, on the way home, every overpass on I-94 had some kind of cop car on it. [[Detroit, Dearborn, Homeland, Men In Black) I assumed it was for Biden's visit. Your links speak of a horrid tragedy. I guess elections are over, back to the SOS. Sorry about the smart-ass joke.
    They are there again this morning as of around 10:30.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    They are there again this morning as of around 10:30.
    I guess that answers the question "where's a cop when you need one?"

I knew both of the victims, a very tragic situation.

I take it you mean Balduck Park?

Quote Originally Posted by ccal View Post
    Sorry for your loss, Ccal. Hoping for the best for the second victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I take it you mean Balduck Park?
    Thanx for ruining my lame joke.

Quote Originally Posted by ccal View Post
    What do you think happened? Do you think it was random, or is there more to it?

Default What the hell?

This one from a pickup truck. One victim caught a bullet to the forehead.

http://www.freep.com/article/2014011...-4-reports-say

That helicopter is looking better & better.

Is there a turf war happening? Hard to tell with the horrible reporting. Apparently the Freep thinks the whole 'east side' is problematic.

Channel 7, late to the party. They say the male victim was 'shot in the back'...perhaps they need an anatomy refresher.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...oits-east-side

The location of this shooting was less than a mile from the other, btw, so my guess of some connection may be more correct than I wish it to be.

The location of this shooting was less than a mile from the other, btw, so my guess of some connection may be more correct than I wish it to be.
    Are you talking about your "turf wars" assumption? It could also be some ass-clown testing out his new purchase. Either way, you're right about one thing, the reporting really does suck. But I'm sure the DPD will put some kind of spin on it like "a disgruntled family member".

This one from a pickup truck. One victim caught a bullet to the forehead.

http://www.freep.com/article/2014011...-4-reports-say

That helicopter is looking better & better.

Is there a turf war happening? Hard to tell with the horrible reporting. Apparently the Freep thinks the whole 'east side' is problematic.
    The Eastside always was "problematic". It's just expanding further east. Sort of a manifest destiny.

If your not armed and ready to defend yourself get the F... out of Dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    If your not armed and ready to defend yourself get the F... out of Dodge.
    Chief Craig?! Is that YOU? LOL...

Just remember to use correct grammar, this is part of your permanent record, with the NSA at least.

"You're", heh.

Cheers

Are you talking about your "turf wars" assumption? It could also be some ass-clown testing out his new purchase.
    Yeah, and it could be both.

Ugh.

Watching for old tan vans and black get-the-heck-out-of-Dodge pick'emup trucks.

The Channel 4 video said it was "an ex-boyfriend situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    The Channel 4 video said it was "an ex-boyfriend situation."
    I don't really trust Detroit media. They have a tendancy to post first and ask questions later. If they are correct, though, nice mentality. "The bitch disrespected me".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast