Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Cushingberry is bankrupt

Learned this on Flashpoint and 6PM news.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/24...ouncil-primary
    Last edited by cla1945; January-12-14 at 11:31 PM.

I checked the news and freep. I have not found anything to support your slanderous remark. I am sure he is not rich. His car is over 20 years old and he hangs out in bars at Livernois and Chicago, but this does not mean he is going through a financial restructuring. What is your source?

Okay found it. Deadline Detroit, a muckraker. He has emerged from bankruptcy. Still not good. But watch your slander. You could potentially get sued.
    http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/artic...r#.UtMuePRDuQA

Keep in mind that lots of people were in bankruptcy around here in 2011. Bankruptcy caught a lot of people in its net through layoffs, housing at its lowest value after the bubble, a terrible stock/bond market.

p.s. I like how politicos with $50k pensions are trying to cut the pensions of life-long govt workers.

Should the media be doing more background screening on candidates before elections? Do they normally but staffing cutbacks have meant it's now up to the individual voter to do their own digging? Maybe it's up to the other candidates to expose their opponents? We keep hearing there are no secrets in the Information Age yet it seems Cushingberry had no problem hiding his.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Keep in mind that lots of people were in bankruptcy around here in 2011. Bankruptcy caught a lot of people in its net through layoffs, housing at its lowest value after the bubble, a terrible stock/bond market....
    Seems like he's well qualified to help with Detroit's bankruptcy. He had pretty much the same experience. Undersaved, overspent, took out loans over his head. You can't say he doesn't understand Detroit's situation.

I would not describe Deadline Detroit as a muckraker. Hardly! As to Motorcity Muckraker, another site, the owner is an experienced local journalist doing much-needed investigative journalism that the dailies have stopped doing.

Both sites are run by professionals with solid credentials and long professional backgrounds.

You all pick Cushingberry to be your district leader!!! AHAHAHAAHAAHAH!!!! He should be recalled for the corruption. I wonder what Duggan and Orr would say about him.

So, like Mr. Pugh before him, he’s a guy who apparently got in over his head financially in recent years and figured getting a job with city government would be his ticket to redemption [[and another pension?)

"According to court documents, Cushingberry owed tens of thousands for unpaid taxes, credit card bills and mortgages on two homes in Detroit, one in Lansing, and another at a resort in Orlando, Florida."

I checked the news and freep. I have not found anything to support your slanderous remark.
    Right in the left corner..... There's egg on your face.

I checked the news and freep. I have not found anything to support your slanderous remark. I am sure he is not rich. His car is over 20 years old and he hangs out in bars at Livernois and Chicago, but this does not mean he is going through a financial restructuring. What is your source?

Okay found it. Deadline Detroit, a muckraker. He has emerged from bankruptcy. Still not good. But watch your slander. You could potentially get sued.
    http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/artic...r#.UtMuePRDuQA

Keep in mind that lots of people were in bankruptcy around here in 2011. Bankruptcy caught a lot of people in its net through layoffs, housing at its lowest value after the bubble, a terrible stock/bond market.

p.s. I like how politicos with $50k pensions are trying to cut the pensions of life-long govt workers.
    His choices on his salary speak to fiscal illiteracy, not some sort of circumstantial mistake. A job loss or the "housing market" did not cause him to spend upwards of 72k a year on 4 homes and rack up that insane CC debt. It also didn't cause him to lie to the BK court about exactly what it was he did own. It didn't cause him to be fired by granholm for incompetence at his public administrator job, it didn't cause him to be an incompetent lawyer who is facing a current malpractice suit, and who has been sanctioned by the attorney grievance board.

He would not be hired to be a bank teller anywhere in the world with a track record like that.... why the fuck is he on city council? Oh yea, plenty of apologists like you out there to vote for a guy who "just got in over his head".

BTW... none of what has been said in the investigations or on this board come close to meeting the standard of defamation. Truth is an absolute defense to any allegation of defamation, and as all the FACTS that are trickling out to light are all true, none of it is defamation.

Detroit: one step forward, 5 steps back.
    Last edited by bailey; January-13-14 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedeemerKid View Post

"According to court documents, Cushingberry owed tens of thousands for unpaid taxes, credit card bills and mortgages on two homes in Detroit, one in Lansing, and another at a resort in Orlando, Florida."
    I had a real problem with P.U. and Kenyatta, and I have a real poblem with this guy, being in a fiscally responsible position, and being bankrupt through, what appears to be, his own neglect and not paying his taxes. I hope Orr cuts his salary ASAP until his traffic stop "investgation" is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Seems like he's well qualified to help with Detroit's bankruptcy. He had pretty much the same experience. Undersaved, overspent, took out loans over his head. You can't say he doesn't understand Detroit's situation.
    I get that you're being sarcastic... unfortunately, I think many won't.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    His choices on his salary speak to fiscal illiteracy, not some sort of circumstantial mistake. A job loss or the "housing market" did not cause him to spend upwards of 72k a year on 4 homes and rack up that insane CC debt. It also didn't cause him to lie to the BK court about exactly what it was he did own. It didn't cause him to be fired by granholm for incompetence at his public administrator job, it didn't cause him to be an incompetent lawyer who is facing a current malpractice suit, and who has been sanctioned by the attorney grievance board.

He would not be hired to be a bank teller anywhere in the world with a track record like that.... why the fuck is he on city council? Oh yea, plenty of apologists like you out there to vote for a guy who "just got in over his head".

BTW... none of what has been said in the investigations or on this board come close to meeting the standard of defamation. Truth is an absolute defense to any allegation of defamation, and as all the FACTS that are trickling out to light are all true, none of it is defamation.

I agree with you.

I would not vote for a person that can't manage finances. If you don't have your own house in order then you shouldn't be put in charge of something much more important.

Cushingberry is a disaster for Detroit.

Absolutely. He is like Chuck Pugh. However, to say he is bankrupt is not quite accurate as he emerged 3 years ago. To bring it up after he has been elected is quite odd, slanderous, but odd!

All political leaders should publish their credit reports!
    Last edited by DetroitPlanner; January-13-14 at 09:41 AM.

A bankrupt Council President Pro Tem. in a bankrupt City with two recently bailed out bankrupt auto companies, in a close to bankrupt County. There seems to be a pattern forming here.

[QUOTE=DetroitPlanner;418011]I checked the news and freep. I have not found anything to support your slanderous remark.

How is that a slanderous remark? He clearly stated the source, which happens to be Fox News. Now I agree I may not always with Fox News, but how is it even a slanderous remark?

Absolutely. He is like Chuck Pugh. However, to say he is bankrupt is not quite accurate as he emerged 3 years ago. To bring it up after he has been elected is quite odd, slanderous, but odd!

All political leaders should publish their credit reports!

From what I understand, he came out of BK five days before he won the primary last August, however, he filed in 2011. part of the delay...from what has been reported...was from his deliberate obfuscation on what his assets were.

The question remains, why was this not news last august?

Imagine how much easier a Detroit police chief's job would be if he didn't have to spend so much time and resources investigating those people who draw a paycheck from the same place he does.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Imagine how much easier a Detroit police chief's job would be if he didn't have to spend so much time and resources investigating those people who draw a paycheck from the same place he does.
    and as an exercise in futility... cushingberry will be sitting there on council for his term and if past is prologue, many more.

From the Motor City Muckraker blog

He declared he was only making $25,000 annually as an attorney and $50,000 from his pension as a legislator. . . .
    The guy served 14 years in the Michigan House. For that, he [[and any other Michigan legislators) get a $50,000 pension? Just goes to show that regardless of government unit, politicians do a good job of taking care of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    From the Motor City Muckraker blog

The guy served 14 years in the Michigan House. For that, he [[and any other Michigan legislators) get a $50,000 pension? Just goes to show that regardless of government unit, politicians do a good job of taking care of themselves.
    IIRC, you get that after your first term.

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw7 View Post
    How is that a slanderous remark? He clearly stated the source, which happens to be Fox News. Now I agree I may not always with Fox News, but how is it even a slanderous remark?
    Also, it would be libel, not slander. Libel is written untruths, while slander is spoken untruths.

IIRC, you get that after your first term.
    Do you mean a pension -- or a $50,000 pension -- for only two years work?

Do you mean a pension -- or a $50,000 pension -- for only two years work?
    I meant a pension.

I will defend anyone who receives a pension proportionate to their contribution. I believe pensions can, should, and must be adjusted where they are disproportionately generous.

When I hear someone object to allowing pensions to be touched in bankruptcy in the future, I'll be sure to think of how much Cushingberry is getting paid for his 14 years -- compared to hard working people like ray1936

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast