Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Wayne Counties Almost 400 Homicides Interactive Map

Well, I'm glad I live in a Wayne County community that hasn't had any homicides according to that map.

This map has been a very depressing experience for me personally. My late mother lived her last years on the far east side near Balduck Park on Marseilles St. That entire neighborhood was a wonderful place to grow up and raise a family back in the day... sadly today there have been 4 murders within 2000 ft. of her former house JUST IN 2012!!

I don't know... as far as Detroit goes... just fixing 911, beefing up the DPD and DFD, fixing street lights, improving transportation and infrastructure... that alone just isn't going to bring the city neighborhoods back. There's the 'hood rats out there that ruin things for everyone who lives there. Even in a reinvigorated Detroit... that element of the poplulation isn't going away. I am starting to see why so many of my mother's former neighbors now live at 23 Mile Rd....

Seems accurate... Just looking at downtown:

OAKWOOD AVE. AND CLAIR ST. is in Cadillac Square?
    WB-I96 NEAR GRAND RIVER is outside J.A.M. Lounge?
    ST ANTOINE AND S ALFRED is on Lafayette?
    Last edited by Spartan; January-09-14 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    This map has been a very depressing experience for me personally. My late mother lived her last years on the far east side near Balduck Park on Marseilles St. That entire neighborhood was a wonderful place to grow up and raise a family back in the day... sadly today there have been 4 murders within 2000 ft. of her former house JUST IN 2012!!

I don't know... as far as Detroit goes... just fixing 911, beefing up the DPD and DFD, fixing street lights, improving transportation and infrastructure... that alone just isn't going to bring the city neighborhoods back. There's the 'hood rats out there that ruin things for everyone who lives there. Even in a reinvigorated Detroit... that element of the poplulation isn't going away. I am starting to see why so many of my mother's former neighbors now live at 23 Mile Rd....
    To paraphrase: Everything was perfect until people started fleeing in hordes and now I can understand why people continue to run away from the problems as opposed to being part of a solution.

And you wonder why this region will never see any appreciable growth or improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post

Just starting to see!?

Never to late. Yes, your last paragraph sums up nicely the way I feel for the true future of Detroit. Unless that element see's the light so to say and makes changes on their own not much is going to change.

Im familiar with this one

Date: June 8
    Address: JOSEPH CAMPAU AND GRATIOT, DETROIT, MI
    Cause: GUNSHOT WOUND OF CHEST

Race: Black

The killer, I wont mention his name, was running dope out of an abandoned near Mack x McDougall. An enemy of his burned down his spot and in retaliation shot him in the chest in front of a bunch of people. I had seen the guy after he did the killing, a day later he was locked up which is good with me. He had said to another friend he knew who torched his house and said "I took care of it" Had no idea he killed the kid. What a waste of two lives. Not sure if I knew the kid killed, I probably bumped into him in the neighborhood before.

Last edited by Django; January-09-14 at 07:51 PM.

Did a search of "gun". Guns were involved in 313 [[amusing coincidence) of the 400 murders listed.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Did a search of "gun". Guns were involved in 313 [[amusing coincidence) of the 400 murders listed.
    But for some reason the bafoon chief of police wants more guns on the streets [[via inside peoples houses).

Not to say a gun policy either way will stop crime, it won't. But I don't see how more guns can ever be part of the solution unless said guns are used to kill the real criminals on Wall Street. By no means is this condoning violence, I'm just sayin...