Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detoit Billards Supply Co

Name:  pool table plate.jpg
Views: 1461
Size:  37.6 KB

Hi All,
    I am constantly amazed at all of the local knowledge on this forum. I was wondering if anyone had any info on this company, the Detroit Billiard Table Supply Co. My father-in-law has an old table from this company. We are guessing that the table is from around 1880 to 1900. Thanks for your help!

"Detroit Billiard Table Supply Co." first appears in the Detroit City Directories beginning in the 1917 edition. It is listed under the category "Billiard Table Supplies" [[not "Billiard Table Manufacturers"). Their address was 141 Bates until 1920 when they are shown at 737-739 Bates. The 1923 Directory gives their telephone number as "Cadillac 6225".

Contact this billiard supply company in Coldwater, MI with more photos.
    http://www.seyberts.com/ They may have more info about this table. May even sell it for you if you like.

Thanks so much for the info! I will contact seyberts. Thanks again!

Is it even possible to buy specific single billiard balls instead of a whole set?

I suspect this plate was used to replace the original table mfrs nameplate. When replacing cushions or cloth, or moving services were performed, these supply houses often put their nameplates on the tables. Most likely a Brunswick table has they had 90% market share by 1917, or could be some other brand. Post pic of the table and I might be able to name the mfr.

Jheywood, thanks so much for your help. Here is a picture. My Mother-in-law said there is a date of 1904 on it as well. Name:  pool table.jpg
Views: 908
Size:  26.5 KB