Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default The 38 Most Haunting Abandoned Places On Earth... [[including one in the D)

The 38 Most Haunting Abandoned Places On Earth. For Some Reason, I Can’t Look Away… | Distractify

IMO a most unusual collection of ruin!

We get a nod at #27 for the Michigan Central Station.... though it is now in some form of rehab.

http://distractify.com/culture/arts/...-in-the-world/

Cool pic's

The abandoned theme parks and asylums really get to me for some reason.

I have had the pleasure of seeing #18, the abandoned City Hall station on the
    IRT in Lower Manhattan. It is tremendous. I have heard that the transit authority has had a change in policy and now permits passengers to stay on the subway trains as they pass through that beautiful station. The New York subway includes quite a few currently unused stations that were once elegant.

City Hall Station still has working lights?

whats up with that if its been closed for nearly 70 years?

how come the abandoned buildings OUTSIDE detroit arent completely covered in graffiti or maliciously attacked?

I am surprise that the old Fisher Body Plant is not on the list

Quote Originally Posted by renf View Post
    I have had the pleasure of seeing #18, the abandoned City Hall station on the
    IRT in Lower Manhattan. It is tremendous.
    Was that during Open House New York? We went to that a few years ago and saw some cool stuff. The highline project before it's rehab, the gigantic masonic temple, a ballroom they were rehabbing, etc...

I think the lack of apparent graffiti in a lot of those pics reflects 2 things:

1) many of the sites are not directly in urban areas.
    2) the ones that are are probably secured.

I will say that MCS, while abandoned, does not have the "ghostly" look some of those places do.

I wish that I had ever visited the old City Hall Station in NY. It was, I think, not always so nice looking. It was rehabbed at some point. It can't ever really be a subway station again, though, because the trains are now substantially longer than the platform. But it is still a cool space.

If they did one for the past hundred or so years St. Cyril would definitely belong on the list. Now that was a haunting abandoned place.

Quite outdated. The Ryugyong Hotel in Pyongyang looks ver different today.

the shipwreck ss America is no longer there either