Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Internships in Detroit's Government, Non-Profits and Economic Development Groups

Hello,

As a frequent poster and reader of many of the interesting topics on this board, I am inquiring today if anyone has any suggestions for getting involved in the City Government, Economic Development Groups, Non-profits, Conservancies etc. I am graduating from Wayne State in May 2014 with an urban planning and political science degree and simply looking to help. I have created many plans and Ideas to show how driven and passionate I am about the city including..

Revamping the Parking Department
    Small Business Trade-Show
    PureMichigan Avenue
    Making downtown more visitor friendly
    and even plans on how to make Troy more appealing to Millennial, like myself.

I started a 501[[c)[[3) non-profit on Michigan Avenue, and would be happy to email anyone my ideas if you think there is a way I could get involved. I'm not looking so much for personal gain, but to help the city we all know, and love. Feel free to personal message me, and I can email you from there.

Thank you!

French777,

Everyone who posts on this Forum has ideas. Most are driven and passionate.

Volunteer organizations have websites. Do a little research on their missions. When you contact them, they will be happy to tell you how you can help them. They will primarily want your time, not your ideas.

If you started a nonprofit, then its mission is your charge. Whatever it is, it is up to you to make it happen. You go do it, go sell it.