Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default 2014 Detroit Lions [Unofficial]

6-10 due to 7-9 2013 schedule

To soon to start the next thread, and besides, Smogboy is our official starter of the Lion's thread. So in keeping with tradition I would ask that the moderator remove this.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    To soon to start the next thread, and besides, Smogboy is our official starter of the Lion's thread. So in keeping with tradition I would ask that the moderator remove this.
    Sorry. I thought losing was the only Lions tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    I second the motion.

Smogboy is the Commissioner and has the duty and responsibility to open and close the Lions thread. This has been our tradition for years, and like all traditions, it may not make sense to the uninitiated but it provides comfort and order in troubled times.

Smogboy? Are you there? We'll let you do the honors to start the Official thread. Waiting for the kick off.

Although I have to admit the opening post was a cute graphic portrayal of the Lion's season - and many past ones too.

It is hard to say, given the GM and Coaching situation.

IMO, they got younger and filled some needs this season.

I think they will improve by two wins over this year.

9-7 or 10-6

That is based getting a coach who emphasizes power running and relegates Stafford to game manager who occasionally take shots down the field.

It is also based on a draft that targets the defensive back 7.

The D-line keeps blockers off of the LBs and Safeties.

What we lack is back 7 players who utilize that to liberate the opposition from the ball.

2014 will be the year........the Lions win 8. I will continue to have productive Sundays and be Lions free.

Barry knew what he was doing.

Lowell, we have developed a few traditions that need to be honored. According to tradition the 2014 thread can't start until the 2013 is completed. Then virtual awards are given for the different posters. We have Most Valuable Poster, Rookie of th Year, and of course the Award for Most Accurate Prediction.

each Award gets nominations and Seconds and then voted upon by the members. Naturally, as League Commisioner it is up to Smogboy to both open and close the season.

therefore, regardless of how cute this thread started it needs to disappear.

thank you.

Detroit Lions 5-11, worst since last year wit Jim Schwartz. Detroit Lions 11-5 with a new coach.

If the Tigers can spend $30 million to get rid of Prince, the Lions can drop $12 million [[or what ever to unload JIMBO). He's a dead man walkin now.

Default 2015 Detroit Lions [[Unofficial)

[[I've had my fun. Go ahead and make 'em disappear - but you know I'm right.)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Detroit Lions 5-11, worst since last year wit Jim Schwartz. Detroit Lions 11-5 with a new coach.
    They don't need a new coach. It's time to keep what they have; lumps 'an all and get some RELIABLE Players that can make more good plays than bad ones. The current ones make a good throw/catch/run and bask on their laurels for the rest of the season. 50 years of changing coaches hasn't got them anywhere. At the end of the day the Players have to perform and if they're not repeatably RELIABLE they're not worth having.
    Last edited by coracle; December-24-13 at 09:17 AM.

The Lions are going to remain the same team as last year as long as Ford SR has control of the reigns. The team win just enough to fill the stands and give support to local businesses. The team has great potential and the talents but for some reason or another a member or two blows it

"The team has great potential and the talents but for some reason or another a member or two blows it"
    We are told by the Media at the beginning of every season that they have great potential and talent [[because the Media want to maintain easy access to them), and they're always top class in practicing with themselves; but their game performances prove they never had it "to blow" in the first place.

We all do well at our jobs when there's "nothing" on the line [[like early in the season) but it's only a true professional that can perform well when the pressure is on. And it looks like the Lions don't have any real professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Smogboy? Are you there? We'll let you do the honors to start the Official thread. Waiting for the kick off.

Although I have to admit the opening post was a cute graphic portrayal of the Lion's season - and many past ones too.

I'll wait until the end of this season before starting up the "official" 2014 Detroit Lions thread where the real DetroitYes Lions fans can come break down the games, seasons, and make their proud predictions. There's no reason to prime one up now other than to lament this season.