Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fatburgers

Default Fatburgers

Had anyone been to Fatburger since it had opened 2 days ago?

For some reason I have no interest in eating somewhere called Fatburger.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    For some reason I have no interest in eating somewhere called Fatburger.
    That's strange. The only reason I would want to eat there is because of the name. I always wanted to open up a burrito place and call it Fat Mexican.

I went last Friday , I'm from LA so I know the place .
    The burgers are good , bigger than the bum and fresh , however they are EXPENSIVE , for my meal it came out to $16.00 ! yikes ! I got a medium burger , with bacon, onion rings , and a medium drink .
    For that price I'd rather go to Bagger Daves .
    But I still wanted to show my LA love :-)

Lucky you, you got an entire post on Eater! http://detroit.eater.com/archives/20...-fatburger.php

I went today. It was alright, but nothing spectacular like my buddy at work seems to think it is. He's already been 3 times - and twice in one day. Customer service was great; they were super friendly and upbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    I went today. It was alright, but nothing spectacular like my buddy at work seems to think it is. He's already been 3 times - and twice in one day. Customer service was great; they were super friendly and upbeat.
    I am glad to see that strip finally filling up with businesses. Woodward is slowly coming back

Quote Originally Posted by jw101 View Post
    Lucky you, you got an entire post on Eater! http://detroit.eater.com/archives/20...-fatburger.php
    YES! I have always wanted to be quoted in a blog called Detroit Eater! LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by jw101 View Post
    Irresponsible reporting. They should had waited a week or so to read the difference of opinions of the place; not just the first opinion that was blogged a few moments later

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Irresponsible reporting. They should had waited a week or so to read the difference of opinions of the place; not just the first opinion that was blogged a few moments later
    I am not sure I would consider a blogger known as Detroit Eater to be real journalism. Just some snarky dude who likes to eat.

ever since i saw hamburger america, all i want to try is a steamed cheeseburger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VIsmSsE4OM

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    ever since i saw hamburger america, all i want to try is a steamed cheeseburger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VIsmSsE4OM
    They have a different texture than what we are used to. I like them. The place I had them put cheese on the burger and popped it back in the steamer to melt. Heavenly

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    The burgers are good , bigger than the bum and fresh , however they are EXPENSIVE , for my meal it came out to $16.00 ! yikes ! I got a medium burger , with bacon, onion rings , and a medium drink .
    5 Guys Burgers and Fries all of a sudden looks like a bargain.

Where are the White Castles? Is their business plan to open a new store every three generations 35 miles from the closest one?
    There seems to be a Starbucks. or McDonalds every other block, and I can't seem to figure why there are not more White Castles.
    Yeah- I've done the frozen crap from Krogers, but it's not the same. Why are they so rare? Is that the plan? WTF!!!!!!!!

There is not a Starbucks on every block. The only thing that I don't like about these restaurants are the A LaCarte menus.

"I believe with my help, all local restaurants can get healthier. Paunch Burger, Big and Wide, Fat Sack, Colonel Plump's Slop Trough, which was formerly Sue's Salads. Until we ran that out of town."

-Leslie Knope, from NBC's Parks and Recreation

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Where are the White Castles? Is their business plan to open a new store every three generations 35 miles from the closest one?
    There seems to be a Starbucks. or McDonalds every other block, and I can't seem to figure why there are not more White Castles.
    Yeah- I've done the frozen crap from Krogers, but it's not the same. Why are they so rare? Is that the plan? WTF!!!!!!!!
    White Castle is family owned, and does not franchise. They are extremely conservative in deciding where to expand, and only expand using profits from existing locations. They do not take on debt.

Never understood what people see in White Castles

I dunno. Bates is the greatest, but since it's not in Detroit, no one in this forum gives a care.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    I am not sure I would consider a blogger known as Detroit Eater to be real journalism. Just some snarky dude who likes to eat.
    Eater is one of the most noteworthy food blogs in the country with outlets in most major cities. If you care about the food scene in the area, you should be happy they decided to set up camp here. Victoria the editor is a gem.

Yeah, I sorta detest the over price 'burger' scene... Makes me think of Fudruckers [[sp?) when they were downtown - high price burger and fries - now closed and gone. Maybe once in a while but not something I'd do often.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-29-13 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eliboyer View Post
    Eater is one of the most noteworthy food blogs in the country with outlets in most major cities. If you care about the food scene in the area, you should be happy they decided to set up camp here. Victoria the editor is a gem.
    You're right. If expensive chains like Fatburger is what they write about, I don't care.

There are numerous places in Detroit to get a great burger and not pay $10. I will probably never go to fat burger or any of the other chains. Detroiter Bar, heck yes. I think there you can get a great burger, fries, and a beer for under $10.

I worked in Livonia for several years and recall Bates... as we pronounced it 'Bah-tes' for that bit of French feeling......

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I dunno. Bates is the greatest, but since it's not in Detroit, no one in this forum gives a care.

My father used to call WC "Pimps Kitchen"... low rent indeed. But sometimes I just have to get their friend 'Onion chips'. Preferably when the grease is new early on in the day. Hah!

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Never understood what people see in White Castles

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast