Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The new Z building lights up !

The new Z building lights up and shows off !
    As an urban planning geek and for a building that's 90% a parking garage ,
    I think they did a pretty good job showing off a "parking garage/building".
    Check it out for yourself .
    Here's a couple pics .

[Image^ corrected by NeilR below]
    Last edited by Detroitdave; December-21-13 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Pic wrong way :-(

Well of course I didnt' take the pic that way LOL , but when I loaded it from my Iphone if came across that way :-[[ , I have a couple more but I didn't want to keep posting like that :-).If anyone knows how to turn my pic around please feel free to , thanks !
    D

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    Well of course I didnt' take the pic that way LOL , but when I loaded it from my Iphone if came across that way :-[[ , I have a couple more but I didn't want to keep posting like that :-).If anyone knows how to turn my pic around please feel free to , thanks !
    D
    Thanks for posting the picture.

I can't fix it in your post but what I did was drag your image to my desktop, open it, press "apple R" [[to rotate it to the right), save it with the correct rotation, and then attach it to this post.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Neilr; December-21-13 at 09:05 AM.

Jazzy stairwell.

Very exciting. I know it's just a parking garage, but it does have retail and parking garages exist due to density. This is a good thing, a step in the right direction, and it actually doesn't look too bad.

Also, it went up FAST. Gilbert threw this thing up in a year, I don't think the fail jail even had any concrete poured in the first year.

Gilbert is serious about revitalizing downtown. The Empire State Building was built in only 15 months in 1931. Imagine how fast a building much smaller could be constructed if all of the red tape and bullshit would not be in the way especially in Detroit. We probably will see more projects being built in remarkable time and more businesses opening in shorter length of time now that the DEGC and Bing are out of the way

Quote Originally Posted by Neilr View Post

I can't fix it in your post but what I did was drag your image to my desktop, open it, press "apple R" [[to rotate it to the right), save it with the correct rotation, and then attach it to this post.
    Neilr... that is the logical approach... but this problem defies logic!

I too have taken images with my iPhone, rotated them before posting on Facebook [[or elsewhere)... only to have them rotated back automatically when they get posted. This problem is very exasperating! So the only way to easily avoid this in the future is that I no longer take images with the iPhone on it's side... just straight up/down images.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Gilbert is serious about revitalizing downtown. The Empire State Building was built in only 15 months in 1931. Imagine how fast a building much smaller could be constructed if all of the red tape and bullshit would not be in the way especially in Detroit. We probably will see more projects being built in remarkable time and more businesses opening in shorter length of time now that the DEGC and Bing are out of the way
    Well, I hope his other development like the Hudson and Bates garage site is develop QUICKLY! I don't understand why it takes 4 years to build a 15-story building in Detroit? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    How do I flip the pic ? :-[[
    i posted the pic via my iPhone ?
    Detroitdave... check out all the folks having the same issue that you are...
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Why+...ys%3F&start=10

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    Well, I hope his other development like the Hudson and Bates garage site is develop QUICKLY! I don't understand why it takes 4 years to build a 15-story building in Detroit? Really?
    Maybe because the block is owned by the City and it is dealing with more pressing matters?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Maybe because the block is owned by the City and it is dealing with more pressing matters?
    Such as incompetence, corruption, and such

Quote Originally Posted by Neilr View Post

Thank you neilr ! I should have thought of that but I was just using my iphone
    Also thanks for the link , I'm glad I'm not the only one having that problem :-)

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Like what?????