Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Model T Factory in Highland Park Demolished? Nope.

While speeding up Woodward this morning I glanced to my right and noticed that Henry's factory was gone.

Did I miss this news? I don't recall hearing anything about this. Am I mistaken? Did I not see something that is indeed there?

The Highland Park site? Really!?

Yup, not the office building that fronts Woodward, but the factory that sits back on Manchester....seemingly it is missing.

This is news to me. I had heard that the office building was going to be refurbished if the funds were raised.

Correction. The old plant is still there. Just drove by and must admit to a grievous misreporting of the facts.

sorry. I was wrong. Very wrong.

[QUOTE=gnome;415070]Correction. The old plant is still there. Just drove by and must admit to a grievous misreporting of the facts.

Ok, Ok, that's allright. Now fess up were you texting while driving?

Snow blindness?

It worked! It worked!

Cloaking device

No... probably Gnome and Gannon were sharing the peace pipe on Belle Isle... and a couple of 40s....

Hey! I swear it wasn't there, then it was. Obviously it was a victim of the Woodward Vortex. Luckily I went back and fixed it. Whew ...

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Hey! I swear it wasn't there, then it was. ...
    Perhaps David Copperfield's in town and is rehearsing for a new act. If he can make the Statue of Liberty disappear, I don't see why he can't do the same thing with the old Ford factory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAEw-gtDkO4

I drove by the Model T Plant on Mack Avenue and it was gone too!!! It looked like this: http://www.thehenryford.org/village/...districts.aspx

I was just driving down Bagley and noticed that the workshop where Mr. Ford built his first car had just been torn down. They're replacing it with a huge picture theater that will probably have 25,000 seats, judging by the building's size. I do know, though, what the theater will eventually look like: http://www.detroityes.com/downtown/3...heat_lobby.htm

LOL mtburb!

I've tried to share the peace pipe with Gnome, but he won't take it.

Doesn't explain this phenomena...shame we cannot direct this vortex. Or CAN we?!

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Hey! I swear it wasn't there, then it was. Obviously it was a victim of the Woodward Vortex. Luckily I went back and fixed it. Whew ...
    David Copperfield?