Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Home invasion has come to Islandview Village

Some four new idiots have invaded our neighborhood. Always been petty crime but these numb nuts are breaking into homes they believe where no one is home. I was amused when they broke or tried to assault homes where people like Tiger met them at the door with weapons. These dolts keep trying to break in and have had some success. They must be desperate.

My house is quite secure, not because I am fearful, its just what one does. I am quite sure these creeps will be caught out soon, but they have disturbed our peace and as a neighborhood we will not tolerate this.

As mentioned this is an old neighborhood where everyone knows everybody. Close to Id-ing these perps. No intention in our neighborhood of vigilantism. Just want them gone.

They have gotten a bit more desperate and have beat up some area men to rob them.

I expect our tranquility will be restore soon, but what help can be given to the uninsured home of a woman [[our neighbor) who got broken into not once, but twice. A fund raiser would be cool but we are long past having the network to do that. She needs help with doors and replacement windows etc.

She has long been a community leader who raised funds for many but is quite devastated and numbed by these events.

I can provide a great free venue , food and probably a keg of beer and set ups. Even entertainment musically, I need at least 10 people to say they can bring ten people each. Free will donation, I would like to raise at least $2,000 dollars to replace her doors and window and replace her daughters , who is in college, computer equipment.

If someone met them at the door with weapons, they should have used them.

Tiger did, Kiley did, both smart enough to shoot in the ground to warn them off. But, "they be dumb" so now they prey on single older women. Trust me. they will be outta here very shortly. Arrested, move on or die.

This is a sweet bucolic neighborhood and we plan to keep it that way. Kinda of feel like living in an old western movie, "Get out of Dodge"! We mean it.

Sumas

Love my neighbors, love my neighborhood.
    Last edited by sumas; December-13-13 at 02:12 AM. Reason: redunancy

In the mean time,I am looking to buy one of those old fashioned porch swings, nobody will keep me off my porch come spring/summer.

Be nice if some folk would step forward to say they would attend the fund raiser I mentioned. Probably mid January, Perhaps I should have mentioned it would be in a very large fellowship hall in a historic church in Eastern Market area. Well light, great parking and security too.

Que sera! My husband can get some amazing groups to perform but again, Que sera!

Janine, whose house was violated twice, did I mention her daughter was in the house on the first invasion but locked herself in an upstairs closet.

No one any where should have to deal with these thugs.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    If someone met them at the door with weapons, they should have used them.
    Dead men tell no tales..... Screw these guys.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; December-13-13 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    It's tough, because part of me doesn't want to condone it, but the other part of me that works hard, protects my children, and the part that provides for my family says, "screw them".

It's the wild-west out there with no police response, so f-'em. I hate thugs.

Sumas, I wish you the best of luck. It feels good to see people get fed up and take action.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    It's tough, because part of me doesn't want to condone it, but the other part of me that works hard, protects my children, and the part that provides for my family says, "screw them".

It's the wild-west out there with no police response, so f-'em. I hate thugs.

Sumas, I wish you the best of luck. It feels good to see people get fed up and take action.
    Especially when they prey on the elderly and those unable to defend themselves. Same story over and over in Detroit. Nice neighborhood, people coexisting, ass-clowns move in and "take over", people start moving out. Maybe the DPD should pull up the blue bus and do a another dog & pony show.

Anyone have a old Mossberg they can give this lady? I just got rid of all my old shotguns, or I would have donated one of mine.

Edit: Sign me up for the party.
    Last edited by GP For Life; December-13-13 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GP For Life View Post
    Anyone have a old Mossberg they can give this lady? I just got rid of all my old shotguns, or I would have donated one of mine.
    You're going to need it. Grosse Pointe looks like the next one to go unless we can get this under control. No way in heck can the Grosse Pointe police respond to these issues and keep Grosse Pointe safe from people who drive older cars or those who do 32 in a 30 mph zone!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    You're going to need it. Grosse Pointe looks like the next one to go unless we can get this under control. No way in heck can the Grosse Pointe police respond to these issues and keep Grosse Pointe safe from people who drive older cars or those who do 32 in a 30 mph zone!
    Or the numerous reccuring home invasions, car thefts, and armed robberies.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    I own a shotgun because my proper breeding lends me to more gentlemanly pursuits, like shotgunning. I have a .45 for dealing with home invaders and Jevhovah's Witnesses.

Honestly though, if someone has an old shotgun for the lady I am happy to teach her how to use it.

WOW, a " 'burbanite" offering to help out. Who'd a thunk it? I like the "Jevhovah's Witnesses" part

WOW, a " 'burbanite" offering to help out. Who'd a thunk it? I like the "Jevhovah's Witnesses" part

Honestly, most of GP realizes that our fates are intertwined with those of Detroiters. Most of us consider ourselves to be Detroiters. The plurality of us drive through Detroit everyday to work.

Honestly, most of GP realizes that our fates are intertwined with those of Detroiters. Most of us consider ourselves to be Detroiters.
    Don't let on, but I have friends in GP, ACTUAL Detroit transplants. They're not the idiots some people on this forum make them out to be.

The plurality of us drive through Detroit everyday to work.
    I've been meaning to talk to you guys about that. How about slowing the @*%^! DOWN!

I've been meaning to talk to you guys about that. How about slowing the @*%^! DOWN!
    Listen, there's three ways I roll:

1. Collars up
    2. Safeties off
    3. Throttles down

so you're saying you keep a loaded gun with the safety off tucked in your whale belt?

Agreed. When I stated that they should have used the weapons, shooting into the ground was not quite what I envisioned.

As a former West Villager, trouble in the Villages is very disturbing to me!

Quote Originally Posted by TTime View Post
    so you're saying you keep a loaded gun with the safety off tucked in your whale belt?

Correct.

I still rock my khakis with a cuff and a crease.

We are close to Id-ing these little shits. There is not one neighbor that plans to leave including our buddy on the next block who got robbed twice. It is not except able. We are in a better position then many neighbors regarding security. The odds of us getting robbed are slim but still have taken extra precautions. We look like a prize plum with all that we have or people perceive that we have. This really is great community!

When did they start calling these areas villages? I knew of Indian village and in the day it was considered a pocket of somewhat acceptable conditions surrounded by rapidly declining urban no mans land.

I used to work for Sears as a in home service technician and we would call these areas by their zip codes, 48207 and 48214. When we were dispatched to these areas we made sure we would do the service call in the A.M., before the the gangsters would wake up. If the call was late in the day it would be considered a two man call as protection in case something happened.

Using http://www.city-data.com/zips/48214.html and http://www.city-data.com/zips/48207.html , it don't appear to be getting any better.

One of the memories of those days and I have told others when recollecting was the image of entering a God fearing elderly Black couples household seeing a pictures of their children in Graduation Caps along with a white Jesus looking heavenward, prominently displayed on the walls of a neat tidy house with windows and doors behind wrought iron bars.

There were also times I entered homes in a "named" area of Detroit like Palmer Park and seen Gold Records lining the wall.

Then there was the time I was in the projects over on Conner between Mack and Warren and would watch gangbangers walking with shot guns through the parking lots.

Then there was the time ...

Just seems to me calling certain areas pleasant sounding names don't make it so. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; December-14-13 at 07:23 AM.

Shotgun is ideal for women, accuracy aim less of an issue. Small gauge Mossberg, proper training and safety and a call to 911 before going to safe room and wait for the assailants to enter. Sad option but required. A warning shot is always an option. Birdshot too, but that may not stop the 'determined' invader....

I own a shotgun because my proper breeding lends me to more gentlemanly pursuits, like shotgunning. I have a .45 for dealing with home invaders and Jevhovah's Witnesses.

Honestly though, if someone has an old shotgun for the lady I am happy to teach her how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Shotgun is ideal for women, accuracy aim less of an issue. Small gauge Mossberg, proper training and safety and a call to 911 before going to safe room and wait for the assailants to enter. Sad option but required. A warning shot is always an option. Birdshot too, but that may not stop the 'determined' invader....
    Yes, a 20 ga shotgun at ready in a safe room. I would also add a handgun on your person elsewhere or like some folk stashed through out the house for when you can't get to your safe room. As always, practice and practice some more with your firearm using your preferred self defense ammo.

Our Village is having a meeting this Sunday at the Bogg center regarding these twits. We AIM to take on this issue. We Like our sweet bucolic existence and that crap don't fly here.

For Dan: re-naming community's is a viable branding tool. When Cass Corridor became Midtown things started to happen. Also for Dan we have made major improvements to our home in the apparently notorious 48214 zip, Yes, many companies did not give us the time of day. not one contractor we hired lost equipment or were bother a bit.

When it comes to branding, a new developer calling themselves English Village has changed their signs saying, English Village in Islandview. Technically not correct but we welcome their investment.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Tiger did, Kiley did, both smart enough to shoot in the ground to warn them off. But, "they be dumb" so now they prey on single older women.
    Shooting into the ground isn't smart. Now those thugs will prey on some old women when they could have been stopped permanently right then and there.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Shooting into the ground isn't smart. Now those thugs will prey on some old women when they could have been stopped permanently right then and there.
    Now they'll be back for the gun...

Time to add to the home defense arsenal, a junk yard dog.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast