Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Picture of Gerald Rosen with Governor Snyder

Somehow this troubles me.

I went searching for a mention in an article of Justice Rosen's office having a prominent portrait of Governor Snydley...

...and found this image instead. Says it is him, but it doesn't look like the picture published in the news. There are only five other pictures on that page...and nobody else posed with the governor. I find that odd.

They say this picture is two years old.

Name:  GeraldRosenRickSnyderLaurieMichelson.jpg
Views: 917
Size:  19.5 KB

What is this supposed to prove? I'm pretty sure you can find pictures of every politician standing next to pretty much any other politician in some hotel or conference room corridor somewhere. It's what they do.

Here's a picture of Nixon shaking hands with Mao.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Somehow this troubles me.

I went searching for a mention in an article of Justice Rosen's office having a prominent portrait of Governor Snydley...

...and found this image instead. Says it is him, but it doesn't look like the picture published in the news. There are only five other pictures on that page...and nobody else posed with the governor. I find that odd.

They say this picture is two years old.

Name:  GeraldRosenRickSnyderLaurieMichelson.jpg
Views: 917
Size:  19.5 KB
    What is odd about it?

I read Rosen's opinion. You never want to call something, "appellate proof", but the appellate attorneys have a pretty big hill to overcome.

He is incredibly well respected, he is a part of the region, and he is retiring. So this may very well be his landmark case. I think that his ruling has been fair [[so far), though what will really determine my opinion on it will be the Plan of Adjustment and how he handles that.

I hope you're not implying some kind of conspiracy between him and Snyder. Neither of them [[nor Orr for that matter) have anything financial or even political to gain out of all of this. I've lived in the city 23 years and have family whose pensions are at risk. I voted for Obama. The things they are doing are the things that need to be done.

The only addition that I would state is that I would have no objection to the State picking up the pension liabilities, but neither Orr nor Rosen have the ability to make that happen.

The only way I see that happening is for the higher courts to issue an order carrying it out, or for the Michigan legislature to pass a bill that gets signed by the Governor.

My take is that we all suspend judgment [[including me) until the plan of adjustment gets approved. Just because bankruptcy states that pensions can be adjusted doesn't tell us by how much.

Welcome to Bankruptcy. That's why it's called bankruptcy.

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    What is odd about it?
    I vaguely remembered some journalist mention seeing a big picture of Snyder in his office, and went looking for confirmation...because I cannot remember where it was from. Could've been radio, and that might be why I haven't found it yet.

But with the way this whole scheme was played upon the populace, seeing this singular photo in the group of six struck me in a few ways. It shows a prior relationship with Snyder, which is understandable, them both being Republicans and all. Nothin' wrong with a state governor and district judge having lunch in a common space.

But HOW close the relationship, when this isn't a photo op for everyone to jump in with Snyder. Just him and Laurie Michelson. Don't know who she is, but the name sounds familiar.

Not sure how much of a 'mediator' he can be, although he surely demanded his karma be balanced by being able to be written into history as the savior of the pensioners. I don't trust him after seeing this picture, it is merely a gut feeling.

Sincerely,
    John

Oh, she's another District Judge. Right.

Looks like they were out in the hall, and got caught flipping the coin to see who'd get the grief and the gravy.

She wasn't judge at that time, unless that magazine was extremely disrespectful.

[[actually, updating this...she is a Magistrate, but up for District Judge pending confirmation of her recent appointment by President Obama.)
    Last edited by Gannon; December-12-13 at 06:19 PM.

OK, finally tracked the backstory...this was an awards luncheon for the local chapter of the Federal Bar Association, where Justice Rosen is the head and Snyder was a guest speaker. April 21, 2011.

Now I find it really odd that nobody else wanted their picture published with Snyder. I hope he didn't feel bad about that.
    Last edited by Gannon; December-12-13 at 06:36 PM.

Wow, Snyder and Rosen are probably both members of the Illuminati as well. I wonder if the Rosicrucians have any good dirt on their relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    OK, finally tracked the backstory...this was an awards luncheon for the local chapter of the Federal Bar Association, where Justice Rosen is the head and Snyder was a guest speaker. April 21, 2011.

Now I find it really odd that nobody else wanted their picture published with Snyder. I hope he didn't feel bad about that.
    Just food for thought, but Judge Steve Rhodes also presented at another luncheon where several representatives "debated" the EM law [[all but one representative of course supported the EM law).

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Wow, Snyder and Rosen are probably both members of the Illuminati as well. I wonder if the Rosicrucians have any good dirt on their relationship.
    Ya think?

This was an odd story from the Freep..."the city" asking Judge Rhodes to stop any appeals before their reorganization plans are filed. Most want to just skip the US District Court...geez, haven't heard of a whole court system being upstaged since Kym Worthy wanted to avoid the 36th District gang during the early Kwhyme affair!

Funny, the city wants that, too...so you know it'll just get bumped back down to where it seems nobody wants it to be. Seems the way the legal system functions.

Thanks for that, 313, been finding a few things through that magazine, too. Couldn't find a proper mediator amongst 'em then...let alone one who'd give the anti-EM folks any credence. Wonder who that one holdout was...
    Last edited by Gannon; December-12-13 at 08:06 PM.

There are pictures of me with both Obama and Snyder. If you want to attack me from the right, post an Obama one. If from the left, post a Snyder one.

See how that works?

Quote Originally Posted by Eber Brock Ward View Post
    There are pictures of me with both Obama and Snyder. If you want to attack me from the right, post an Obama one. If from the left, post a Snyder one.

See how that works?
    I hope those weren't "selfies" taken at funerals??

Nah, I'd attack you from above all that shit and tell you you're way too close to politics to be in any way, shape, or form a decent drinking partner. I'd not even drink free from your tab.

As for this picture, all of the above comments MIGHT stand if this was a photo-op parade of folks droolin' to be in a picture with the standing governor. You think in a room full of lawyers...most of whom I'd bet were Republican...there would at least be one more image of somebody, anybody with Snydely.

There is only one, containing not only the Chief Justice of the US Eastern District...but also one of those chomping at the bit held by those Senate Republicans trying to delay the next round of Presidential appointments. Mathematically, I find this amusing at the least, and damning at the most.

Those are the limits of the this fuzzy logic gambit...amusing to damning. And while I have no idea where this one will lead...I'm not getting distracted by the chaff.