Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Schizophrenic "Fake" Sign Interpreter Raises Questions

This story about the fake sign interpreter at the Nelson Mandela memorial, who was a few feet from the main podium the whole time, seems to get weirder and weirder.

He now claims to have been going through a schizophrenic episode the whole time, and still considers himself a champion of signing.

In a separate interview with the Associated Press, Jantjie said he saw visions of angels coming to the stadium. He also told the AP that he has previously been violent.

So, basically, the Secret Service did no vetting of the man who was sitting three feet from the main speaker's podium in the stadium. I'm betting there is much more to this story...

"He wasn't even doing anything, There was not one sign there. Nothing. He was literally flapping his arms around," Cara Loening, director of Sign Language Education and Development in Cape Town, told the Agence France-Presse news service.
    LOL! That needs to be seen to be appreciated. There are a bunch of videos. Here are some decent ones:

Last edited by Jimaz; December-12-13 at 08:13 PM.

Well there seems to be a bit more contraversy over the
    "Obama Selfie"
    where the big O is all full of smiles and joy with his blonde seatmate while Michelle is looking a bit peeved.
    And of course leave it to the media to try to stick up for Obama, the media's darling:
    The photographer who captured the picture of President Barack Obama posing for a selfie during Nelson Mandela’s memorial wants to set the record straight.

First, the president really didn’t commit a funeral faux pas by posing for the selfie, the photographer said.

And second, the first lady wasn’t as annoyed as she looked.

“Photos can lie,” AFP photographer Roberto Schmidt wrote in a blog post, “The story behind ‘the selfie.’”

http://www.today.com/news/first-lady...3566?gt1=43001

Ok ... so lets take a look at the CONTEXT of the photo:

She doesn't look too happy with the "other woman".
    I'm going to have to stick with the initial observation ....
    Taking selfies and partying at funerals is distasteful, and Michelle looks displeased.

I didn't see the one where she has her hand on the British PM's cheek...and the one with the President gone...that explains the later one with the FLOTUS in his seat. That was when she moved over and gave the Danish PM the cold shoulder.

But I came back to this thread because I just caught a video replay of the fake sign fellow...he is looney tunes! Voices in his head telling him to do violence...sounds like we possibly dodged something horrible down in SA this week.

And I prefer to see that series of images in the same vein as Monty Python's "Meaning of Life" ending skit with the large, obnoxious man in the high-end restaurant...don't look at the main characters, watch those trying to politely ignore the hullaboo. My favorite is the dude in the hat with the beard, clearly, after the President got up for a moment, something caused him to turn around.

Nice!

It's as if Thamsanqa Jantjie were signing in tongues.

I could see John Belushi pulling a stunt like this on SNL. [[Did he? It seems so John Belushi.)

I'm dying to see Steven Colbert's take on this...

Spoke too soon....
    http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...ela-s-memorial
    Last edited by Gistok; December-12-13 at 11:04 PM.

His so-called 'signing' looks ULTRA fake... like who'd think that was real? EPIC FAIL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    It's as if Thamsanqa Jantjie were signing in tongues.

I could see John Belushi pulling a stunt like this on SNL. [[Did he? It seems so John Belushi.)
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-14-13 at 07:13 PM.

When questioning whether or not the Secret Service does their job, one needs to understand the plight of overseas travel by the president...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireS...broad-21218058

With this fiasco, I'm sure that many heads of state worldwide will demand better protection than was afforded by South Africa. This entire fiasco has been very embarrasing for the government of South Africa... and justifiably so!!

It just keeps getting better and better.

He was part of a known 'necklace' crew, who violently attacked those they opposed by setting fire to tires on their heads. He wasn't charged because he was determined to be unfit for trial...too dumb to be a ward of the state.

http://www.freep.com/article/2013121...nelson-mandela

And he was less than three feet from the President for all that time. The Teapartiers must be bummed...

Why should they be the only ones bummed? Hah!

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    ...The Teapartiers must be bummed...

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    His so-called 'signing' looks ULTRA fake... like who'd think that was real? EPIC FAIL!
    Oh, No wonder Obama wasn't making much sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    And I prefer to see that series of images in the same vein as Monty Python's "Meaning of Life" ending skit with the large, obnoxious man in the high-end restaurant...don't look at the main characters, watch those trying to politely ignore the hullaboo. My favorite is the dude in the hat with the beard, clearly, after the President got up for a moment, something caused him to turn around.

Nice!

Yes, I saw it the other night with my boys who didnt know Monty Python from Adam. Love the big Guy blowing up after a massive puking session while your english folk sit unperturbed. Sweet.