Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Skiing Detroit!

Default Skiing Detroit!

Things have changed quite a bit since I was a ski rep.

http://www.hellyeahdetroit.com/2013/...oit-is-insane/

I heard Mt Elliot has some good skiing.

Wow! What great athletes and brave to the point of insanity. Hard core Detroiters are sure to snicker at some of the naive remarks [skip through to about 1:50 if you don't want to wince], but no one can accuse them of lacking spunk and energy. The quality of the filming and editing is outstanding. I loved it.

What intrigued me the most was the creative re-interpretation of the environment. I love were anyone translates a seemingly baffling and hopeless setting into something interesting and entertaining, even artful.

One could point to the 90's raves and Paintball City, a splat ball combat environment, as previous efforts along this line. Maybe nothing enduring comes of it, but for a moment they created amazing flashes of brilliance.

PS. They should show this the next time Detroit is competing for the X Games.

In the first minute or two of the clip I was thinking this is gonna be lame but it got better and better. They didn't grow up skiing on Mt Brighton like I did I'd bet, those kids were talented and the video was amazing too. Great skills. I see Showtime Dan got a little cameo too. Surprised Uncle Alan of the Packard didn't get a word in.
    If you start to watch it and are about to move on give the video a few minutes.

so much to wince at, put video on mute and crank some tunes.

good skiing vids.

i thought this was going to be charlie leduff crosscountry skiing across detroit.

wow, this is....beyond lame.

its the same old "we're so tough cause we hang out in Detroit" crap that burb kids have been doing since ten years ago, but with lots of expensive production.

sorry, i cant tune-out the context and just watch it for "what it is". more spoiled kids with "blank slate syndrome" drawn to Detroit to slack off.

here's a better one, lol:

http://youtu.be/1L_c7OSqLAg

I feel sorry for you.

Quote Originally Posted by WaCoTS View Post
    wow, this is....beyond lame.

its the same old "we're so tough cause we hang out in Detroit" crap that burb kids have been doing since ten years ago, but with lots of expensive production.

sorry, i cant tune-out the context and just watch it for "what it is". more spoiled kids with "blank slate syndrome" drawn to Detroit to slack off.

here's a better one, lol:

http://youtu.be/1L_c7OSqLAg

What, no "ball flossing" on their railing grinds?

Isn't the school in the video Pontiac Central? A bit of a ways from Detroit.

Not my thing, but if they're having fun and not destroying anything I can't really say anything bad about it.

These guy's are AWESOME in the true sense of the word. It's hard enough doing those tricks on mountainsides, let alone on congested concrete and metal areas. It's great seeing young guys into something more then tex'n their friends about their latest $6 cup of latte.