Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Anyone go to Noel Night?

Had a great time last night! Lots of music , shops, restaurants and bars. Good to see Kathleen!

Quote Originally Posted by pgn421 View Post
    Had a great time last night! Lots of music , shops, restaurants and bars. Good to see Kathleen!
    I missed it by the skin of my teeth. I was bowling at Garden Bowl.

A grand time indeed!! I went but was not up for the walking this time so mostly hung out at the CCS campus and a nearby restaurant and an art gallery then on back home. It was so nice to see so many crowds of folks everywhere, braving the cold.

48202 was there. Cold but dry. Was actually disappointed that it did not start to snow during the caroling, like it has during previous years. Tonight's flurries are just a day too late. Saw parts of four great concerts, and two marching bands.

Makes me proud to be a Detroiter.

I was there yesterday! It was great to see all the stores packed, and people buying stuff, not just browsing.

Not there this year but recently thought it should be extended - more hours or even another day, due to the crowds. UCCA was always against that, though. What do you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Not there this year but recently thought it should be extended - more hours or even another day, due to the crowds. UCCA was always against that, though. What do you all think?
    Maybe not two days, but definitely extended hours. It felt like as soon as I got there, it was over. Not nearly enough time to see everything I wanted.

Love Noel Night, and yes, should be extended hours or days. Too crowded last year.

I help organize the event so next year when I'm actually in town I'll pass along that it should be longer. However like most things in Metro Detroit, the attitude is "but this is how we've always done it!"

One of my favorite Detroit events. Given the crowds in recent years, I agree that it should be expanded.

Great to see Pgn421 and a few other DYes'rs out and about at Noel Night!!!

Seems to me that they've both extended the hours [[til 10 this year) and the area covered [[down Woodward and Cass to Mack). Plus new venues within the perimeter...according to the printed schedule, some 73 venues were involved. Yes, many of the new ones are retail, restaurants, and service establishments, but some brought in entertainment or had holiday activities, so there were more places than ever before to visit.

Since you can never visit everything in one evening, you keep coming back for more each year. Extending the hours to include all of Saturday or a second day would likely mean that they couldn't close down Woodward for those 4 blocks and have the DPD on site to help with that the way they do now. When you have only the evening, you make every effort to attend!

My wife and I went down there and really enjoyed it. We were at Rodin when the Detroit Party Marching Band came in and blasted some great music while people were head-banging and dancing around them. Meanwhile, my friends who pretty much never go to Detroit decided that they were too scared to take their out of town friends down there and WENT TO BOOGIE FEVER!!! Wow.

I made it again this year and it seems to get better every year! Awesome to make some new friends and see a few old friends including Kathleen