Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default MSU Spartans are going to Rose Bowl.

Congratulations Michigan State Spartans, 2013 Big Ten Champions. They are going to the Rose Bowl!

In 1988 Spartans beat USC Trojans 20-17 by defensive interception. I wonder who would the wimpy football team we play next come new years day?

GO GREEN, GO SPARTANS!!!

Feelin' some type of way

I was listening to a national sports radio talk show last night and the host kept saying that it was all because of Urban Meyer's horrible coaching job last night that caused OSU to give away the game. Jesus Christ... MSU still not getting credit for being the best team in the Big 10 and beating the Buckeyes.

Funny, I heard something on the radio about a game last night but nobody here in A2 seems to know anything about it. Must have been a mistake.

One of my four daughters is a Junior at State. Guess they had some trouble last night with the rowdy crowd... But congrats to the team great game!!

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    I was listening to a national sports radio talk show last night and the host kept saying that it was all because of Urban Meyer's horrible coaching job last night that caused OSU to give away the game. Jesus Christ... MSU still not getting credit for being the best team in the Big 10 and beating the Buckeyes.
    Absolutely! This team gets no respect from the national media. Before the game is was all about OSU and what happens to them if they win or lose. I even heard one pundit say that even if they lose they should be ranked higher than MSU? Huh?
    So OSU was supposed to be some big powerhouse and MSU destroys them in the championship game. Does MSU get proper credit and be considered for this "mythical" national championship? I guess not.
    I love college football, but until they can come up with a playoff system where the champion is decided on the field, then I do not want to hear any talk about a national champion.
    A championship decided by polls is not a "real" champion.
    Great win by MSU. It's too bad they are not treated equally.

One happy Spartan here. Tough, gutty, come from behind win on Saturday night, by a team that has just improved [[especially on offense) all season long. Now I'm trying to plot my way to LA to see them destroy Stanford and surprise the nation yet again.

As for OSU, they finally played a top 10 team in their much ballyhooed winning streak, and got beaten - and they damn near lost to unranked UM the previous week - so it's hard to take them seriously as better than anybody. They have a higher historical national profile than MSU, and the big money coach, but just give it a few seasons like this one, and...

To go from the likes of Bobby and John L Slapdick to Dantonio...

Talk about coming out of the desert.

Another great championship game with MSU in it.

Last years was a blowout. And the other conferences were lopsided. Except for the SEC which was fun but defense took the day off.

Great to see the team take another step on the mountain.

Boo to the jackass announcer with the little brother reset.
    And Drew Sharp just needs to be unemployed. What a miserable person he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Congratulations Michigan State Spartans, 2013 Big Ten Champions. They are going to the Rose Bowl!

In 1988 Spartans beat USC Trojans 20-17 by defensive interception. I wonder who would the wimpy football team we play next come new years day?

GO GREEN, GO SPARTANS!!!
    The 'wimpy' team they will play would be Stanford. Decidedly not wimpy. In fact, they are in many ways a mirror image of MSU. The Rose Bowl should be an old school display of smash mouth, physical, and well played football.

I'm a very proud alum who attended MSU's last Rose Bowl when I was a freshman twenty-six freaking years ago. My plane tickets [[Vegas), hotel room and New Year's Day rental car are booked. Only thing left to get at this point are the actual tickets to the game. Nothing comes cheap these days but after twenty-six long years in the wilderness there is no holding back.

Go Green!