Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Well acted, depressing show that did nothing but reinforce Detroit's image as a desolate place where murders are committed. To make matters worse, murders committed by both the cops and crooks. Other than the loss of revenue from the production, good riddance.

Like you expect Hollywood to show a bright, cheery, positive, happy show based in Detroit? That's not going to happen. Unless you're a "Martin" fan, like they ever shot one frame actually in Detroit. And, yes, I was a "Detroit 187" fan as well. This sucks.

I swear, if you have a show that you absolultely hate, let me know and I'll start watching it because it seems every show I get into gets cancelled.

Bring back "Police Squad!"

Quote Originally Posted by mallory View Post
    Like you expect Hollywood to show a bright, cheery, positive, happy show based in Detroit? That's not going to happen. Unless you're a "Martin" fan, like they ever shot one frame actually in Detroit. And, yes, I was a "Detroit 187" fan as well. This sucks.

I swear, if you have a show that you absolultely hate, let me know and I'll start watching it because it seems every show I get into gets cancelled.

Bring back "Police Squad!"
    Home Improvement, not shot here obviously, but based in Detroit and was quite cheery.

I watched every episode since it was based in Detroit, but honestly I did not like the show at all. It was really slow and boring [[though the last episode was interesting). Honestly, by the end of the season I was not looking forward to watching episodes...but would put myself through it just to see the city.

Quote Originally Posted by mallory View Post
    Like you expect Hollywood to show a bright, cheery, positive, happy show based in Detroit? That's not going to happen.
    I don't know if it has to be cheery and saccharine, but how about something that isn't a law and order-ish cop drama with "conflicted" characters in a "gritty" city? It's just lazy and totally predictable... if that is the best they have, they should just stop trying. Put it in NYC or LA that way no one has to commute very far.

Honestly Folks...how do you make a Police Drama that is not ABOUT the gritty Side of Life? If they ONLY showed saving kittens from trees and baby's from sewer holes, would you really watch it? Watch Law and Order and all the off-shoots and tell me when you stop watching. It is a style of show that works.

There goes my dreams of meeting Lennie James. Booooooooo. Hopefully they will bring him back to The Walking Dead now that he is free.

It is a shame about the show- I think it had a lot of potential. They should have stuck to the original [[UK) format of a miniseries. There was a good story to be told, but they spread it out too think between too many episodes and tossed in too much brooding and filler to make up the difference. It could have played out, well, in three or four hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinman View Post
    Honestly Folks...how do you make a Police Drama that is not ABOUT the gritty Side of Life? If they ONLY showed saving kittens from trees and baby's from sewer holes, would you really watch it? Watch Law and Order and all the off-shoots and tell me when you stop watching. It is a style of show that works.
    My point it that there are more than enough cop dramas on TV...slapping one together and shooting it in Detroit doesn't make it "edgy" or "different".

but i must say...if it had good writing and good action, it might have worked. it was good for Detroit because it employed allot of local crew but there are so many Police Dramas on TV that it is hard to grab the viewers that the Networks need to make a dollar.

Good riddance to the show. I don't even like the pilot. Now bring back a show about Detroit with a classic network appeal.

I met a driver for the '12 Monkeys' series being filmed in Detroit and he said they were shooting another season. Guess he has mistaken...

Quote Originally Posted by stinkytofu View Post
    I watched every episode since it was based in Detroit, but honestly I did not like the show at all. It was really slow and boring [[though the last episode was interesting). Honestly, by the end of the season I was not looking forward to watching episodes...but would put myself through it just to see the city.
    This describes me exactly.

It was just a bad TV show that happened to be set in Detroit. Nothing more, nothing less. It's cancellation had everything to do with the 'bad' part and nothing to do with the 'Detroit' part.