Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Burgulary Ring In East English Village

Their m.o. is to rip your telephone junction box off the wall in order to disable any land line alarm system. Are all committed during daytime hours when victims are at work.
    I'm switching to celluar based alarm today, would highly recommend anybody with land line to do the same.

We know who is doing it, group of teens who just moved into a rental on Bishop. They are also slinging dope right in front of their house. Eastern District knows about it, hopefully surveillance units will catch them sooner than later.

Edit: Burglary

Where on Bishop is this house located?

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Look for the house with all the kids in front of it with baggy pants.

Quote Originally Posted by ct_alum View Post
    Their m.o. is to rip your telephone junction box off the wall in order to disable any land line alarm system. Are all committed during daytime hours when victims are at work.
    I'm switching to celluar based alarm today, would highly recommend anybody with land line to do the same.

We know who is doing it, group of teens who just moved into a rental on Bishop. They are also slinging dope right in front of their house. Eastern District knows about it, hopefully surveillance units will catch them sooner than later.
    Stories like that make me sympathetic to vigilantism. You know who they are, they have declared open war on the neighborhood, would it be all that bad if a fire "accidentally" broke out in that house and "tragically" killed them all?

What's the over/under on how many months it takes DPD to get around to this?
    Last edited by bailey; December-06-13 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Stories like that make me sympathetic to vigilantism. You know who they are, they have declared open war on the neighborhood, would it be all that bad if a fire "accidentally" broke out in that house and "tragically" killed them all?

What's the over/under on how many months it takes DPD to get around to this?
    I'm actually hopeful that Craig will be more pro-active that past leaders. Let's see if I am right.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    I'm actually hopeful that Craig will be more pro-active that past leaders. Let's see if I am right.
    True, the raids are a welcome site. Craig is only part of the equation though. If there is no follow through in the prosecution, it's just law enforcement theater.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Between Mack & Warren. I hope that you're not asking because you want to score some dope. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    True, the raids are a welcome site. Craig is only part of the equation though. If there is no follow through in the prosecution, it's just law enforcement theater.
    Unfortunately, Cheif Craig seems to be in love with his own image just as much as Evans was. What's up with his mug on billboards and going along on these "raids"? He is not a certified P.O. and can't do squat except preen and pose for the cameras. I laughed when I saw him taking off his body armor after the MLK operation - Like he was the first one through the door
    or something. Give me a break, that crap hurts morale just as much as anything else.

It wouldn't hurt to speak with a GP Park detective about the issue. They'll tell you it's out of their jurisdiction, but they'll keep an eye on it and they've been know to police a few blocks into EEV/Morningside.

^^^ That's true. They overlap a great deal in that area and they know it's the teen robbers will be trying their border streets soon enough. This is so sad. The lust for other peoples property is incredible in the mind of a thief.

Persistence and insistence is unfortunate card needed to be played. We went through with this with a house across from mine on Colorado Street in Highland Park. Dope kids coming and going, bravado gun shots at night, it was the era of an imploding crack market and turf warfare was on.

Twice it was raided and after a lull the activity returned. Anonymous tips were sent to local, county and state police. Finally a brave woman on our street went door to door and rounded up a group of home owners who marched into the police HQ. We were fobbed off at first but when they saw we weren't leaving, we were handed over to a sympathetic drug enforcement cop. She ushered us in to their armory, pulled out a dossier the size of a phone book on the place and listened.

The third raid came the next day and a week later the household moved out. A couple of months later a family moved in. What a delight it was to see their kids out front planting flowers and cultivating the yard!

Good luck.

Is paying rent for a dope house a new thing? I just assumed dealers used vacant houses or just strong armed junkies out of their residence.

Quote Originally Posted by wardwood View Post
    Is paying rent for a dope house a new thing? I just assumed dealers used vacant houses or just strong armed junkies out of their residence.
    True that. We are presuming they are renting but are in the process of determing if they are squatters because the previous resident was the owner who lost it to foreclosure.

ct_alum,
    Can you PM me the address? I have some connections...and I live in EEV. What they're going to quickly learn is that if you try to bring that crap into our neighborhood, you're in for a very long day.

Quote Originally Posted by GP For Life View Post
    It wouldn't hurt to speak with a GP Park detective about the issue. They'll tell you it's out of their jurisdiction, but they'll keep an eye on it and they've been know to police a few blocks into EEV/Morningside.
    There was a convoluted grandfather clause that let's Grosse Pointe Farms police what was the Village of Fairview, of which EEV was part of. Of course that is if they choose to go into the area. I am not sure if that is still in force but you may want to call the Park, City and Farms police and see if they are willing to help.

Grosse Pointe Park Police will NOT defend EEV folks. Their business is to fortify "Richville" from hoodies and dope fiends from Detroit. They best you can to as a EEV Detroiters is band together and take back your hood. Detroit Police will respond sooner or later with the SWAT team and local news media will cover the rest like a propaganda thing.

Unfortunately, Cheif Craig seems to be in love with his own image just as much as Evans was. What's up with his mug on billboards and going along on these "raids"? He is not a certified P.O. and can't do squat except preen and pose for the cameras. I laughed when I saw him taking off his body armor after the MLK operation - Like he was the first one through the door
    or something. Give me a break, that crap hurts morale just as much as anything else.
    I agree - he seems to be in love with the TV cameras.

He isnt a certified PO.??? Hopefully you only mean he isn't
    certified in Detroit yet.
    ? How can a non officer have the background needed to run dpd. Tell me please that this just a matter of semantics....

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    ? How can a non officer have the background needed to run dpd. Tell me please that this just a matter of semantics....
    Detroit police chief not certified as officer

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    ct_alum,
    Can you PM me the address? I have some connections...and I live in EEV. What they're going to quickly learn is that if you try to bring that crap into our neighborhood, you're in for a very long day.
    Poobert:
    I am not tech savvy and don't know what/how to PM. Is there another way to contact you?

Poobert:
    I am not tech savvy and don't know what/how to PM. Is there another way to contact you?
    PM = Private Message. In other words, he is asking you not to post the address publicly in the forum. If you go to your profile page you'll see an option to send out private messages. Just type poobert in the send to input field and then you can send a message to him that only he will get.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    He was a police officer. He used to be certified. The certification expired. It isn't relevant to his qualifications to be chief.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    He was a police officer. He used to be certified. The certification expired. It isn't relevant to his qualifications to be chief.
    I've known other professionals who've been on the job for decades and do not feel the need to take another test to prove they can do the job they've been performing...for decades.

So I don't hold the Chief on this one...everything he's touched so far in this town has improved.

I am so sorry to hear of this trouble in EEV. I grew up there and stayed with my Mom the last 7 yrs of her life. My sister and niece live there and our youngest son too. All home owners. It's a great neighborhood. Stay vigilant without being vigilantes.