Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Hantz Urban Forestry

I saw a semi with "Hantz Urban Forestry" emblazened across the side of the trailer. It was heading north on 75 around the Davison. It was odd because I haven't heard a peep about this in recent months

If you start a forest does it make a sound?

There have been other threads on this subject, but in a nutshell Hantz is starting a "forestry" project on the far east side, having been sold some vacant land from the City of Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Only in Detroit on DetroitYES!

Oh, I'm sure someone will get pissed off at all those damn baby trees going up. This is a city after all. What do we need all these trees for? You want trees, go to the country. And take that damn river thing with you too.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Yes, in Detroit it would be the sound of gunshots. Forests make good target practice for ganstas shootin' dem guns around.

THAT'S IT! I'm setting down my window fan North of the coke piles and turning it up on high.....

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    THAT'S IT! I'm setting down my window fan North of the coke piles and turning it up on high.....
    Is that payback for all the air pollution Canada sends you from all the oil refineries and chemical plants upriver in Sarnia?

The coverage of the petcoke piles is so ridiculous IMO. The only reason it gets so much media is because Moroun owns the lands the petcoke piles sit on and they're just trying to find more ways to take a jab at him. Zug is a much bigger culprit and I rarely hear about it. If people can't handle industry, they should move to the Yukon or Alaska or someplace. It's not like this area doesn't need the jobs these industries provide.
    Last edited by davewindsor; December-06-13 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    Yes, in Detroit it would be the sound of gunshots. Forests make good target practice for ganstas shootin' dem guns around.
    You stay classy Windsor.